HELP!! Changed battery, now in dash CD Changer won't play

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darkman104

Reaction score
I folks. New comer here. I have a 03 Tahoe Z71 with the Bose system and indash six disk changer. I recently changed the battery because it was shorted out. Now the CD changer won't play. When I crank the truck up the radio works fine but the Cd changer just makes a ticking sound and then just blinks showing that there is one CD in it. When I press eject it say "No disk". When I press load it does nothing. There are six CD's in the changer. Has anyone else had this issue? If so what did you have to do to solve it?

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually I might say that you need the code that will allow the stereo to play, but if your radio works than that might not be the problem. Try going to a dealership and telling them your problem, it might be as simple as needing that code if you have a 6 cd changer. Good Luck.

sixty9fordkiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the stock stereo might need to be reflashed! I have an 05. Mine doesnt have the bose audio but it sounds like the same problem i once had at 12K miles. Took it to the dealer, they reflashed it, and 20 minutes later i had my truck with a working CD changer again! that was 2 years ago!