HELP!!! Passenger door removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STREETutilityVEHICLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my passenger door on my truck got hit in a hit and run, now the door is shut, and won't open. and i can't get the door panel all the way off because of the seat. how do i get the door open when the handles aren't working? i can fix whatever is broke, i just need to get to it... any diagrams or advice would be great! thanks!

oomindwarpoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try kicking it from the inside. Chuck Norris style.

But seriously tho, take the seat out.

STREETutilityVEHICLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone got a chilton's or hane's manual with diagrams or know where i can find one online for the door latch mech. specifically. It's for a 2000 Chevy Ext cab. i know this is a tahoe site (of which i have one) but i figured since it's the same door ya'll could help. I'm not really wanting to remove the seats, so if there's anyway i can do this without doing so that would be great! thanks everyone

STREETutilityVEHICLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any help would be great... i know it would be good to take the seat out, and i may do it tomorrow, but i'm sure there is a way to open the latch from inside the door.

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any luck with this? If you're still having problems, try www.alldata.com. There is a membership fee, but it has some pretty good information on pretty much any make and model. Good luck!

dave/angie

Reaction score
First...are you going to try to salvage the door ?? If not, try a sawzall with a short blade from the outside of the door, (or your local fire department might open it up with a Beihl tool) anyway, try cutting the sheet metal away to expose the latch mechanism to allow you to release the door. It sounds brutal, but if the door is trashed......what do you have to lose ??