HID kit options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SubZ3r0

Reaction score
I'm looking for an hid kit for my 08 Tahoe and since there are so many different brands out there made in china and wherever else. I was wondering if anyone has a good priced kit that is not faulty.

20Tahoe12LT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called my local Chevy dealer, and they are ordering me HID's for my '12. I am also getting my fog lights done as well. I dunno if this helps you or not.

SubZ3r0

Reaction score
dam... more than i was expecting ... i hear bad news about ordering the 1-200 dollar hid kits online. all i really want done is my low beams. the other 2 can wait until later.

20Tahoe12LT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I LOVE having HID's, and miss them. I had them done on my last truck. The '12's I am told have a 4 stage Hi-beam, meaning that when you engage the high beams, the lows go on too. Do you have a truck accessory place that you trust? I trust the Chevy dealer that did the install on my mud flaps & vent visors. (Booth & LaDuke in Colville, WA.)

SubZ3r0

Reaction score
yeah my chevy dealership here is my favorite. I have an 08LT but im not completely sure if our headlights are the same systems.

20Tahoe12LT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dunno either. But, I DO know that HID's are worth every penny!! They make a huge difference in seeing at night, and in snow & rain. I HAD to have them in my Tahoe. I was thrilled that my dealer could order them for me.

Like you said, you could just do the lows for now, then do the rest at another time.

SubZ3r0

Reaction score
have you seen what the chevy version of the Hid's look like? or is it safe to assume they are as good as others?

20Tahoe12LT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I haven't. I just ordered them yesterday, but I DO trust my dealer. I KNOW that they are of excellent quality, because I trust them. I believe that they are getting installed on Friday.

SubZ3r0

Reaction score
ok cool.. when you get them back post up pix if you can.

SubZ3r0

Reaction score
Do you guys know if I will need a relay or capacitors for the install of the hid kit?