Home Link System?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I as you tried for a hour to get to work. Called Chevorlet and they got me going. I also have the newer version of the home link system. The trangle one. You have to hold the door transmitter up to the buttons in the Tahoe and hold both buttons together for it to work.
Customer service for Chevy gave me the phone # for the instructions.

The new system uses the three LEDs, not the triangle...the triangle is the OLD system. Mine won't work without getting the additional equipment from Lear, so I just use the regular transmitter...

car2Usupport

Reaction score
Thank you for your interest in the Universal Home Remote product. Additional help is available to assist you with any programming issues or questions.

If your product has 3 LED lights, please refer to www.learCar2U.com or call 1-866-57Car2U for additional support.

Sincerely,

The Lear Car2U Team

imfishintx

Reaction score
The new homelink made by lear car,(the one with 3 round LED's) Works with about 4 garage door openers!!! They want you to buy an extra reciever to add to your existing garage opener for it to work( 24.99 plus shipping) Sounds like a Chevrolet kickback situation, buy a $50K car and you can afford the $30 bucks for the convieniance you already paid for!!

My dealer is buying mine for me!!

Razorback

Reaction score
Lear Car2U memory problem

Our 2007 Yukon has the Lear system. The left button has lost its memory twice now in the eight weeks we have owned it. Very frustrating.

I sent a note to Lear. We'll see what they say.

gl

Razorback

Reaction score
Nevermind

Well, after talking to the dear wife...

... both times the Lear system has lost its programming, I was following her (in my truck) in to the garage. Her door is the left button, my door is the right button. She was trying to open both of our doors at the same time. Of course, that reset the programming. At least its explainable...

gl

Timgco

Reaction score
Since we're all on this topic, how do you get to use both HOmelink's from your new Tahoe and Avalanche to work? If I program one truck, the other one won't work.

So, I program the 07 Tahoe (with the three round led) and than it opens the door. GREAT! SO than I go do the one in my 07 Av, and it works, GREAT! Than you go back to the Tahoe, and it doesn;t work. DAMN!

The garage door opener is a Genie Intellicode and is from 2003.

rod456

Reaction score
Yeh, the Homelink is a piece of junk. I must have spent an hour trying to get my Fixed code programmed last night on my new Z71. Finally, I tried programing with the switch off and it worked. Not sure if that was the problem or not, but for $50k you would think they could afford a learning transmitter vs. this piece of junk. Should have bought a Denali, at least my old Denail programmed in a snap...

Donzi4me

Reaction score
Mine was easy. Did it with the key out of the ignition. Pushed the learn button on the opener, then pushed # 1 button. After 5 secs, garage door light flashes and I released the button. Garage door never moved at all. Took me about 30 secs from start to finish. I have an older chamberlain.

LVTAHOEhateLear

Reaction score
They don't recognize my garage door opener brand, so I may need a "conversion module"...I think I'll just use the damn transponders if that is the case...what a saga.

I'm using my transponder as well. I also refuse to buy a conversion module because I think this is what happened. Lear Car2U approaches GM and says they can undercut the Homelink system by, say, $10/car. It's not a lot of money to you but it adds up for GM. GM takes the deal even thought they know the Lear system won't work with many openers. Lear discounts their system knowing they'll sell thousands and thousands of conversion modules. Shame on you General Motors.

Vickie

Reaction score
I'm going out on a limb here but you didn't post that you did it so I'm going to write it up anyway.....when you push the outside buttons for 2 seconds until all lights light up you say you go right to the learn button on the garage door opener...you're supposed to push the button that you want to program first. Hold the outside buttons until everything lights up....push the button that you want to program once, then go to hit the learn button, then back into the truck to hit the same button again to program it. Note: you might have to push the button once > wait > and if nothing happens just release the button and depress it again. On one of my garage door openers I had to push it, release, then push it again. Then the door started moving. Just make sure you are pushing the button you want to program after you push for 2 seconds, but before you hit the Learn button. Good luck. Let us know.
This may be an post but it worked like a charm! Thank you