Hotchkis Sway Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drmason1

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting the Hotchkis Sway Bar kit for my Tahoe......anyone using this sway bar that could provide comments/opinion would be appreciated.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't comment on them but in general remember that a stiffer sway bar will affect the ride to some degree because you are more closly coupling what one wheel does to the other side.

strangeengine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't comment on them but in general remember that a stiffer sway bar will affect the ride to some degree because you are more closly coupling what one wheel does to the other side.

Except that the Tahoe has a solid rear axle and it's hard to get more coupled than that.

A sway bar only affects ride quality over single-wheel bumps. The front bar is probably relatively soft to not affect ride too much and, as I noted above, the rear bar is not really a factor ride-wise.

I wouldn't worry about it.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The solid axle doesn't couple the vertical movement as much as a sway bar does.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed but most bumps are single wheel except for those darn speed bumps.

Snomon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have them installed on my 07 Tahoe 4WD. BIG DIFFERENCE in cornering. Especially noticed on the "cloverleaf" on and off ramps. It truly flattened out the body roll and makes the truck that much more enjoyable to drive.

Would recommend to have them installed of course if you have the money burning a hole in your pocket. I had my local Les Schwab procure and install them as Hotchkis was an approved vendor of theirs.

Here are pics installed! Note that I do have autoride and 1" coil spacer blocks installed in the rear because I have front 2" leveling kit which I believe attributed to the increased body roll before I put on the Hotchkis.

DSC_0064.jpg

Hotch2.jpg

Hotch3.jpg

HotchFront2.jpg

HotchFront1.jpg

RearSpacer.jpg

Hotch1.jpg