How does this happen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not totally sure but last night i wouldnt even compare to as hard as ive had my system going, but to be straight i was with some friends and had rap going for a good 30-45 min in this chicks yard (she lives on like 3 acres and no neighbors) and so we were all just hanging out around it. so anyways when i was leaving about an hour later to go to this other party, lol, i noticed i had no bass? so i was kinda like wats goin on, well i got out and flipped my seats up and my cap. read about 6-7 volts so i was going wtf? so it was already about 11 and i figured screw it. so today i popped the hood open and this is what i saw.

001.jpg

003-1.jpg

002.jpg

004-1.jpg

can anyone give me some ideas on how this happened? i mean im running somewat small runs to my amps but the amps are overpowering the speakers i have.

my setup

hifonics brutus 2006 (2000watts rms @ 1 ohm)with 4ga wire with 80(blown 2) amp fuse
hifonics zues 6406 (4x85watts rms @ 4ohm) with 8 ga 50 amp fuse

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That 2006D is a current hog. I had one. Up that power wire and get a quality fuseholder that can handle the load. Do at least 1/0 to a distro, 4 GA to the Zeus with a 1/0 to the 2006D. This will provide smooth current flow. Big 3 for sure.

Your system is biting off more than the electrical can chew....lol

knukonceptz.com will get you a good product for the money!

FergHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran a hifonics in a friends dodge ram. With 2 logic 10's running at 1/2 ohm. It did the exact same thing. Lots of amps going through the wire gets hot, get larger gauge wire (less resistance)

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my list from knukoncepts is 25ft of power 1/0 and 10 ft of ground 1/0 so i can do both the big 3 too. i got a new fuse holder and just am gonna leave the run of 4 for the the zues and the 1/0 for the brutus. gonna have to rip out that 8 guage tho. might use it for speaker wire :)

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you know it could just be that the fuse wasnt screwed on tight so you were probably getting spark btw. the connections causing heat and making the housing melt. after a while and with vibrations the connections do tend to come loose so do you remember checking it and leaving it loose. b/c if you have always had the same setup and you werent banging to it has loud as usual thats probably whats goin on