I saw an Escalade with a flex fuel badge on it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He must be a phony, there are 0 Flex Fuel Escalades due to their bigger engines I guess!

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be a phony, but I don't see why someone would put a corny "flex fuel" badge on thier truck. doesn't make sense to me. Maybe it was a tahoe with a escalade body kit. Who knows, Florida is known to modifiy and trick out cars.

josev9908

Reaction score
It was probably an 09, I think they were adding flex fuel capability to the new ones.

BGinFL

Reaction score
Might be a phony, but I don't see why someone would put a corny "flex fuel" badge on thier truck. doesn't make sense to me. Maybe it was a tahoe with a escalade body kit. Who knows, Florida is known to modifiy and trick out cars.

OK what does tricked out trucks in FL have to do with this? The vehicle was seen at Disney Land in California. Disney World is in FL.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh then it looks like its one of GM's new options according to RT

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but are there any benefits of Flex Fuel? (as discussed before)

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as it looks nice, flex fuel, electric, natural gas whatever, i'd drive it!

but using Flex Fuel gives you less gas mileage(so I'm told). and at the sales price, its not a savings vs using standard gas.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really hate to admit this but RT was right! for once he actually had some facts to back up his story, j/k RT. I went to the caddy's webite and verified the info.

TXST8tj

Reaction score
i would hope it is legit. i don't know why anyone would want to advertise that their vehicle is flex fuel/E85, muchless act like theirs was if it really isn't. those that are educated on it would likely hide the fact.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the denali the Flexfuel badge is over the word Yukon insted of by its self over on the right. cause GMC is there. just a tidbit that might be intresting. LOL

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on where you live, theres some places that E85 is $1.50 cheaper than gas. A lot of people come out better using E85...

Well in the case of being $1.50 cheaper...I see why. But I(myself) have only seen it about .25-.40cent cheaper. Thats no where near $1.50.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on where you live, theres some places that E85 is $1.50 cheaper than gas. A lot of people come out better using E85...

Where is this???? In my neck of the woods gas ranges between $3.64 & $3.89 whereas E85 is at an astounding $4.05:eek:

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is this???? In my neck of the woods gas ranges between $3.64 & $3.89 whereas E85 is at an astounding $4.05:eek:

It's normally cheaper at least $.70 in my neck of the woods.

Sorry don't mean to countinue hacking this thread with E85 prices!