Impossible!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chebrolet

Reaction score
Hello All,

I do not have a problem, I have an IMPOSSIBILITY. I purchased my 2000 Tahoe LS used from a dealer in 2001 with 40K miles and understood that the brake pads were still good and had not been replaced. Over the years I have put 175K miles on the vehicle, have been through 4 sets of tires and several electric window motors/regulators, but have NEVER changed the brake pads . . . until today.

I heard the unmistakable high-pitched sound of my rear brakes nearing their end and purchased new pads, rotors, and E brake shoes (which has never worked from day 1). Well, as you can see from the photo, I was about one day away from metal-on-metal regarding the rear pads (after 175K miles, mind you!) and the brake shoes had worn into the hub, causing me to need new rotors as well. BUT, when I looked at the front pads I was dumbfounded. If they continue to wear at this rate, I'll have over 300K miles on my front brake pads and rotor. The engine will wear out before my front brake pads!

Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? Is this some sort of world record? Crazy.

Check out the pics at TahoeYukonForum.com

Last edited:

samotahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol they may have been replaced before the dealer got the truck but yes thats impressive for having that many miles on your trucks front brakes. i would suggest a brake flush to make sure that the proportioning valve isnt getting clogged causing the rear brakes to brake harder than the front

Rons03Hoe

Reaction score
Yea, bought mine when it had 35,xxx miles and previous owner told me it gonna need brake pads change soon, today it has 140,xxx miles and pads are still pretty good. :waytogo:

Beeker702

Reaction score
More then likely got that many miles cause the rear brakes were dragging cause of the ebrake