Installation help for DVD Headrests/07' Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jhoeye

Reaction score
I'm contacting my local Invision dealer right now on upgrading just the box to the Rev3 that has the av inputs, 4 of them... I'll let you know the cost once they call back. I really want to run these through the speakers and on the nav screen, it'll just depend on the cost now... This really adds up! I'll let you know.

jhoeye

Reaction score
Ok, I just contacted my local dealer, I would have to buy the Rev3 box that has 4 A/V inputs, it retails for $235. I think for now I'll just hang onto the A/V 1600 and then later on this year pick up the Rev3 box to finish the job.

jhoeye

Reaction score
I called my local dealer, I would have to upgrade the control box to the Rev3 box, apx. $235.00. I think I'll wait to do this at a later time... ;)

Any advice on running these wires down through the Tahoe seats? I see there is a black plastic piece on the back of the seat, does this just snap off? Thanks!

jhoeye

Reaction score
Thanks for the link! So get this, now I am being told that the AV1600 will not work to send the video signal/audio from the headrests to my Nav unit b/c I don't have the Nav unit with the rear seat dvd option... what do you think?

Nixonride

Reaction score
Not sur on that one but I have an 07 esky that didn't come with RSE and my head unit sents the dvd to the monitors no problem. I have heard the GM tech just needs to hook up their tech II tool and open up the U42 code (RSE code). My headrests dont have dvd though so they are not sending anything to the nav. I have the A/v1600 plug so i can hook up an external device and see if i can get it to play on my nav.

I know the nav units are different between the Esky and the Tahoe/yukon/Denali but I am guessing that all you would need is that U42 code put in there and you should be all set. Who did you hear that info from? Talk to your local dealer cause I am sure that the factory headrest monitors can be set up to hook in and play through the speekers as well as through the NAV.

Do you have a lockpick?