Installing NAV in a 2007 Tahoe that has DVD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VF1000R

Reaction score
Curious,

Can somebody give me the 1,2,3 on swapping out the factory radio for a Nav system ?

I see several units for sale on Fleabay but I get confused over P/N's and what all is required.

I can handle the actual installation , no problem, just can't seem to put all the parts info together in one place.

Thx,

tahoenut07

Reaction score
NAV Parts

You really don't need too much. Other than the head unit, standard wiring harness and mounting hardware you will need a onstar/xm adapter. I had to wait 3 months for a version to come out so my local stereo shop could finish the installation.
Without this adapter you will lose your door chimes, back up sensor chimes, rear audio controls, etc....
I don't have the p/n's for you, but if you call up one of the stereo chain stores, generally a salesman will tell you exactly what you need in hopes that you buy it from him.

jessera2000

Reaction score
Use the OS-3BOSE (if you have BOSE) or the OS-3 (if you do not have BOSE). These keep the OnStar and factory chimes, even the Rear Park Assist if you have it.
http://www.pac-audio.com/products/productsCatagory.asp?mmSearch=OnStar%20Interface#OS-3BOSE
OS-3BOSE.jpg