Interior Door Handle Peeling!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed the other day that my interior door handle (drivers side) was peeling, the fake, chrome plastic part. Has anyone else noticed this? Will the dealer ship repair/replace it? I only have 20,000 miles on my truck, WTF! :mad3:

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
I just noticed the other day that my interior door handle (drivers side) was peeling, the fake, chrome plastic part. Has anyone else noticed this? Will the dealer ship repair/replace it? I only have 20,000 miles on my truck, WTF! :mad3:

I have the exact same issue, same mileage. I am just careful about how I grab the handle so I don't make it worse.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats the deal you pay 30K or 40K for your truck just to have the door handle start to peel. I'm calling the dealership as soon as they open.

gibbynd

Reaction score
Dealer replaced mine when they fixed my wind noise. It is covered under warranty, so replace it. Service guy also said you have to be careful not to slice your hand open as that microfoil is pretty sturdy.

For piece of mind I would take it in. It is a 15 minute fix.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
Dealer replaced mine when they fixed my wind noise. It is covered under warranty, so replace it. Service guy also said you have to be careful not to slice your hand open as that microfoil is pretty sturdy.

For piece of mind I would take it in. It is a 15 minute fix.

Is the replacement better,if so I will have mine replaced during my next oil change.

Godti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you put some sort of protector over it or something?

strangeengine

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Do you, or does any other regular driver, use hand cream or other moisturizer?

That stuff, being petroleum-based, is notorious for taking the finish off things like door handles, grab handles, etc.

- Mark
2007 Yukon XL Denali pending

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm the primary driver, no soft hands here, maybe my hands are too rough for the handle.

serge12345

Reaction score
hey guys I have an idea use saran wrap and wrap to cover the problem I think that would help, also when the weekend is here take it off and repeat the cycle but if this problem has warranty take it. personally I like my old style tahoes nothing like this in my truck