is it me or is the new sequioa bad ass..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, you are correct sir, and yes everyone is entitled to their own opinions and views on anything and I certainly respect that.

But I am not sure if this thread should have been posted in the applicable forum. This is the 2007+ Tahoe section, and this thread is biased to the Sequioa, thus it probably should be in the "Other vehicle section or General Offtopic".

I wasnt talking about value.. I think it's a good looking truck.. Sorry to disapoint but everyone is entitled to their opinions. I'm assuming most of the comments are because it's not american...Typical.

akim47

Reaction score
personally i don't like the new sequoia. isnt the lexus GX based of the same platform? the GX is due for a redesign... i still think my denali looks better on the outside... but i can't say the chevy has the best styling... im my opinion GM "still doesn't get it"... for a $55K truck (ok, i do realize its a truck still)... a lot of the interior still looks "cheap" in the yukons/tahoes... just my opinion... oh yeah, and i do think GM has THE WORST navigation i have EVER seen or used... EVER... maybe toyota aint great, but i think that GM is still light years away from Lexus' styling, comfort and technology... hope not to offend, but just my $.02... btw, i still LOVE my denali and wouldn't trade it for the world... (well maybe a P 997 TT)...

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
personally i don't like the new sequoia. isnt the lexus GX based of the same platform? the GX is due for a redesign... i still think my denali looks better on the outside... but i can't say the chevy has the best styling... im my opinion GM "still doesn't get it"... for a $55K truck (ok, i do realize its a truck still)... a lot of the interior still looks "cheap" in the yukons/tahoes... just my opinion... oh yeah, and i do think GM has THE WORST navigation i have EVER seen or used... EVER... maybe toyota aint great, but i think that GM is still light years away from Lexus' styling, comfort and technology... hope not to offend, but just my $.02... btw, i still LOVE my denali and wouldn't trade it for the world... (well maybe a P 997 TT)...

i think toyotas interiors are worse actully, more plastic and they look cheap, and you have to spend like 60k to get even a moderatly equipped lexus, and if you think about it, cadillac is the lexus of chevy, and cadillac has some damn nice trucks and cars, a whole lot nicer than lexus.

CobraKai

Reaction score
Saw one today while dropping my kid off at school. It's definitely bigger (i.e. taller) than my Tahoe, but then again, I'm sitting on stock 17s. It's beefy-looking, but I thought it was much uglier as well. It's really hard to improve on the current Tahoe exterior, at least IMO.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The closest lexus to a loaded tahoe would be the LX. They cost about $25,000 more than a tahoe, so I would expect a lot more vehicle. Besides a great interior, awesome sound system and a virtually sound proof cabin, the LX's 4wd system is one of the best available. Unfortunately, most LX's are driven by a bunch of soccer mom's who will never take the thing off of nice road, what a waste of a great off road vehicle.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The closest lexus to a loaded tahoe would be the LX. They cost about $25,000 more than a tahoe, so I would expect a lot more vehicle. Besides a great interior, awesome sound system and a virtually sound proof cabin, the LX's 4wd system is one of the best available. Unfortunately, most LX's are driven by a bunch of soccer mom's who will never take the thing off of nice road, what a waste of a great off road vehicle.

I'm planning on going off roading in the sand with my Uncle this summer at the OBX. I'll let you guys know how the Tahoe fares vs the Land Cruiser (same as the LX).

Last edited:

Mad Dawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you have to spend like 60k to get even a moderatly equipped lexus,

Really??? How do you define "moderately equipped?" Obviously you do not have a clue about Lexus, the standand equipment/options on their vehicles as well pricing. I would suggest that you educate yourself about Lexus before making statements on something you know nothing about. I currently own a 07 Lexus GS350, previously a 05 RX330, both were purchased new, both fully loaded with nearly every option available and I walked out the door (taxes, tag, destination, doc fees) for less than $45k.

Ok enough bashing, please do not take any offence. Love our Tahoe, and so far it has been bullet proof. But just think about something for just a minute. Toyota will likely overtake GM as the worlds largest automaker in the very near future. This did not happen over night. It was done by providing very well built vehicles at exceptional values.

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please do not make personal attacks on this forum by saying things like "you dont have a clue" and "you need to educate yourself" etc..

its very distasteful to read, see and keep a calm temper when reading remarks like this.

Disagreements will happen, just state your opinion and be done, but NEVER attack an admin or a moderator of a forum or you will find yourself on a extended vacation.

Really??? How do you define "moderately equipped?" Obviously you do not have a clue about Lexus, the standand equipment/options on their vehicles as well pricing. I would suggest that you educate yourself about Lexus before making statements on something you know nothing about. I currently own a 07 Lexus GS350, previously a 05 RX330, both were purchased new, both fully loaded with nearly every option available and I walked out the door (taxes, tag, destination, doc fees) for less than $45k.

Ok enough bashing, please do not take any offence. Love our Tahoe, and so far it has been bullet proof. But just think about something for just a minute. Toyota will likely overtake GM as the worlds largest automaker in the very near future. This did not happen over night. It was done by providing very well built vehicles at exceptional values.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please do not make personal attacks on this forum by saying things like "you dont have a clue" and "you need to educate yourself" etc..

its very distasteful to read, see and keep a calm temper when reading remarks like this.

Disagreements will happen, just state your opinion and be done, but NEVER attack an admin or a moderator of a forum or you will find yourself on a extended vacation.

thank you for handling this Brent.

its been along 16 hours driving accross the us. :cool:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no doubt that Toyota does build good vehicles, but they are ether ugly or boring

There you go. But with todays quality control a tahoe can be just as safe (if not safer since their huge) and reliable, god knows if my truck could handle the single digits climin 12 and 15% grades, with hot heat coming ou. doing 80 or 50 if i needed 4wd to get through ice and snow, plus driving around town when i got there even helping my mothers friend move in towing about 5000k worth of stuff in a cargo trailer, and never once gave me a hickup i will never drive anything else. :eek2: chevy got ballz.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
honestly, the land cruiser will blow the tahoe away off road.

They have different purposes. Off road I'd rather have a land cruiser.
On pavement, especially for long trips, I'd rather have a tahoe.

Land cruiser from the suspension down is great, from the suspension up it is an overpriced corolla.