Is Tahoe Navigation System Touch Screen??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is.

I have another question, can you play a dvd on the nav system from another source. Like if you have an aftermarket overhead dvd. Can you connect the video out to a video in on the Nav so the front driver can watch the same movie?

ChadTahoeZ71

Reaction score
you can feed the Nav with the Aux in but it will only show on the Nav if the vehicle is in park. that is unless you install the Lockpick to override.

RDosdorian

Reaction score
Ok, so I know this is a stupid question, but can I send the video image from (lets say an) I pod to the nav screen? My tahoe has nav but not the rear entertainment. Or is there another device I can use. The AUX in you are referring to is the 1/8" jack on the front of the unit...correct?

ChadTahoeZ71

Reaction score
the 1/8" jack on the front is intended for IPod use and I have never used it so I don't really know. There are two different versions of the NAV so I can only speak to the one we have. If you have the Nav and the built in video for the back seats you'll have auxillary inputs down between the seats just above the cup holders. We hook XBox there and it works great.

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is...

you can feed the Nav with the Aux in but it will only show on the Nav if the vehicle is in park. that is unless you install the Lockpick to override.

Lockpick and does it allow you to change setting on the nav system while driving??

CaMs

Reaction score
To you NAV guys,

couple of ??'s

1 - People say there are 2 types of NAV units, can both play a DVD movie
even if you dont have the rearTV system?

2 - when you connect the ipod to the front of the NAV (1/8"Jack), does the nav screen display your collection, or you still have to look at the ipod?

3 - I know the system plays MP3 cd's, but how bout MP3 DVD's, and how does it loook on the NAV screen..can you see your folders you made and browse them