Its me again, with a question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alrite, well theres this burb close by, a 97 3/4 ton burb for sale. ITs got a brand new corprate 14 bolt full floater with locker and 4.10 gears , 4L80E trans, 8lug, motors totalled (hit in the front), good doors, tan vinyl interior, rubber floor mat, has good roof rack, quarters, mirros, and dash..... thinking about snagging it. DO you think the truck would be worth 400 bucks?

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure the rear end could really help in my truck since its an 8 lug and mines in the first place 5 lug.. im not sure if this is 4wd and if it is, then i really couldnt use the trans out of it to put in my hoe..

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pfft. its worth 400$ just for the parts. you could part out the stuff you dont use and make your money back easy.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was thinking about parting it too, but do you think its worth my time?? im really not sure if i would use that huge ass rearend. Its sweet since 410s and a locker, but im not sure if its worth throwing in my truck. the trans would be nice, but i think thats the only thing id get out of the thing before putting it all up on craigslist..

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this could be your custom smoothed dash donor vehicle, right?

Sand and smooth the dash then paint atomic orange on it? when you do the swap, youll only be out of service for one day.

can you take the whole drivetrain somehow or no? maybe just not use the front driveshaft? or is it different alltogether?

maybe get it for donor parts. ..custom interior door panels.. where you have time to make them as cool as possible, then just swap them in when your ready.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it'll have the 4l80 trans in it, which if the wreck didn't mess the trans up where it mounts to the engine it would be worth $400, especially with that newer rear end.

it'll have the beefier torsion bars and running gear on the front end (if it didn't get screwed up in the wreck)

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea thats true, but only problem with the door panels, they have manual roll up windows
: / soo im not sure..

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go for it just for the 4L80e along with mounts, and I assume dip stick tube.

There is nothing sweeter than the 80e with 4:10 gears. It has a taller first gear, which justifies the 4:10's. From there it is a "close ratio 4 speed".

You can get third gear rubber with these things at normal trans pressure. :cool2:

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn sounds intense.. well i asked him a couple more questions about the truck, so he should be hitting me back sooner or later. With my truck being a little bit lowered, do you think its still worth putting that big ass rearend in her? imean in the next couple yrs ill be looking for a bigger motor, so why not get everything from the trans back right now and be prepared for that 383 or bigger motor.. hmm.. what components of the vortec motor are good to sell on ebay or something? intake heads?? idk.. thanks

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does it have a 350 or 454?

so you plan on running a 8 lug rear end and 5 lug front end? haha finding rims may be some fun. would be a badass truck though. to bad yours isn't 4wd so you could swap out the front end stuff as well.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats were it gets me. my trucks lowered, i can just throw this in you know. 8 lug is a BIG rear to throw under there. Rims would be impossible to find considering i dont want them to be Huge offraoding ones... idk.. anyone want a 14 bolt up in Ohio!!!!!!!!!!?????

clean95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does it come with the trailer? cus then it would be totally worth it! LOL

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it was a 14 bolt 6 lug i'd drive up and get it. :) not sure i want to mess with swapping and regearing a 8lug.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know, this whole lug thing throws it off.. if i had a lifted truck like yours id get it, but being lowered, not such a good idea..

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with your not being 4wd you couldn't even switch out the front end components to make it all 8-lug.

damn if i didn't just buy a house and all the suspension was still in good shape i'd buy it and build a 3/4 ton 2 door. :) (to bad it would ride horrible)

EDIT:
this is a stupid question but its still IFS correct? if it had a straight front axle... that would be COMPLETELY worth it. i'd sell the rear end, front end, and lift off mine and SFA it. :)