I've got a strange noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my '04 LT I have been noticing lately that when I hit a little dip in the road or when I go over a speed bump, I hear a noise that I really can't describle except that it sounds like a low/deep whine from the back end, if that makes any sense. It almost sounds like the shocks/suspension needs to be oiled or lubed. Is that possible? Any ideas what it could be? It's been worse the last couple weeks since it has been really cold :confused: .

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine did that, i lifted it up. found out the noise was the parking brake cord rubbing agenst the frame, greases it up and has been fine ever since, but yours may be different.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine did that, i lifted it up. found out the noise was the parking brake cord rubbing agenst the frame, greases it up and has been fine ever since, but yours may be different.

I'll check that out. I took one of the techs out for a spin the other day to show them what how Stabilitrak was acting up and he asked me if I had noticed the noise before and I said yes but he didn't sound very interested in getting to the bottom of it :rolleyes: . Thats what I get for bringing it in on a Saturday ha ha.