Jet Performance Stage 2 Chip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has any one tried this Jet performance Stage2 Chip on their 2007 Tahoe? this seems to be the only thing compatible with an intake, TB spacer, exhuast, etc.. A buddy of my has one on his 2007 Durango and he claims tons of Horsepower. Any feedback?

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like another butt dyno data run. :yesnod: :giggling: :rofl: :smilielol:

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We'll have to hook him up with my buddy with the ProCharger setup. :yesnod:

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unlike the procharger guy I've actually seen his setup!

What the difference between a prochager install and Big Foot?

- Big Foot was caught on video and people claim to have seen it. :lol:

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, now that you mention it he did post pictures about the same quality as most sasquatch pictures...

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So can you verify the "tons of horsepower"? :skep:

I never drove it before the install or after. he also put an exhaust and intake the same day so maybe all of that combined will give some horsepower increase.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Called Jet Preformance up today they claimed about 19 hp with a stage one (no mods, 89 octance) and 20hp / 25ft/lbs torque with a stage 2 and 91 octane(stage two works with any mods you have.)

I'm still on the fence. Any feedback?

ventu71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those claims may be possible. Superchips sent me the dyno info, and for my 5.3 adds 18.5hp and 16lb/ft with 91oct. And it feels more than what an intake and exhaust combined will add.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get a custom tune from blackbear or nelson. I have seen the piggyback jet chips cause some pcm issues before and they do not make the power they claim. The best tunes I have seen out the box for the new tahoes are the superchips or edge and they don't come close to making the power a custom tune would. Drop dime of a good professional tune from justin at blackbearperformance, or just wait a few weeks until I have mine and you can ask all the questions you like.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get a custom tune from blackbear or nelson. I have seen the piggyback jet chips cause some pcm issues before and they do not make the power they claim. The best tunes I have seen out the box for the new tahoes are the superchips or edge and they don't come close to making the power a custom tune would. Drop dime of a good professional tune from justin at blackbearperformance, or just wait a few weeks until I have mine and you can ask all the questions you like.

You got a site for them? That might be the route I might need to go. I've already installed an intake, exhaust, programmer, tbspacer, etc.. but thats not cutting it for me any more. I want to squeeze all the juice out of it.

dlz71

Reaction score
Here is a post I wrote on one of the previous chip discussions - I can send the dyno sheet if anyone is interested - please note - I had the exhaust and intake kit on prior to the tune...

Previous post -
I have a 2007 Z71 - with K&N Cold Air Kit and Flowmaster Catback - I decided to go with a custom tune versus mailorder or chip - mainly due to the fact that there is a shop local to me (Durham, NC) - that owns a dyno and specializes in GM Tuning - Carolina Automasters (www.carolinaautomasters.com); I would gladly attach the dyno sheet - but I'm having technical difficulties attaching it (something about the size not matching up). I would be more than happy to email it to anyone interested.

The numbers are:

My initial run - 264 HP @ 5500 rpm (basically redline); 279 ft-lbs torque @ 4500 rpm

After a few runs/tunes - 262 HP @ 4800 rpm; 298 ft-lbs torque @ 3900 rpm

Key points - I picked up 25 ft-lbs of torque at the real-wheel the entire duration from 2500 to 4500 rpm; I also picked up about 20 hp the entire duration from 2500 to 4200 rpm; You really have to see the sheet to appreciate the difference - it is slightly misleading that I lost 2 HP overall - because that was at redline versus what I gained in all the "driveable" rpm range.

Huge difference in driving the car - the transmission shifts are alot crisper, the throttle response is 100% better - I definitely would recommend this shop to anyone. I can't speak for the gas mpg - I haven't been able to keep my foot out of the gas yet.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much did the custom tune run you? I started another post on custom tunes. I'm still considering doing a custom tune.