Just bought an 09 LS 4x4 - Couple Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

09Hoe4x4

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just bought this 09 LS and have a couple questions. For some reason the Tahoe didn't come with a center console at all. I almost didn't buy it for that reason but with the low miles and good price I couldn't pass it up. Just wondering why it didn't come with one. Maybe the previous owner had it custom ordered because it didn't come with the 3rd row of seats either or the mounts for it. It's all flat in the back. Also, in the middle where the center console goes there is a rubber cover over some wires and a connection, wondering what exactly that connection is for? I was thinking it was a power connection for the center console depending on what electronics come with the console itself. Am I right? If I do get a console, is there a specific year that I should get? I've found a few on eBay but they are pretty damn pricey and I don't want to get a console/jump set combo, I'd rather have the full console itself.

Here's some pics:

50hdo4.jpg

t65651.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help.

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheres the connector.. chances are its either the connectors are for the amp that would go there or you also may have the airbag roll over sensor or both

retro_flyer808

Reaction score
If it came without rear seat attachments or a center console, it might have been ordered by a law enforcement agency, but was never outfitted and put into service.

canakin

Reaction score
The "black box" you see is the airbag sensor. Do NOT mess with it in any way. Keep things from hitting it and, as you mentioned, look for a console. It does appear to have some sort of fleet package to it with the rubber floors. Could be the Tahoe SSV (Special Service Vehicle).

Gary_44

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know what that airbag box cover is called?
I just bought a retired 2010 SSV, and I'm trying to work out a center console. I'd like to just have the front portion that goes under the dash area, with some cupholders. That way there's still access to the rear from the passenger seat. But I don't want to damage that sensor.

Thanks in advance.