Just bought Yukon Denali for daughter!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just added the third Tahoe/Yukon to our household. Just bought a 2003 Yukon Denali with 30k miles for my 16 year old daughter. Didn't plan on buying for another month or two since she gets her license at the end of February, so it looks like I'm driving a Denali for a few weeks! Just couldn't pass this one up, I didn't think I was going to find one a 2003 as clean and as low miles as this one. Graphite over tan, its a nice lookin truck. She's already got it sittin out in the driveway with that pink UGA tag on the front :crazy: , she's a Georgia girl at heart.

Anyhow, I know I'm crazy puttin my daughter behind that gas guzzling 6.0 litre engine, but hell, I couldn't very well say no when we have two Tahoes sitting in the garage :lol: .

Attachments

• 3822744366_225490645_IM1_04_565x421_A_562x421.jpg
    3822744366_225490645_IM1_04_565x421_A_562x421.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 3822744367_225490645_IM1_05_565x421_A_562x421.jpg
    3822744367_225490645_IM1_05_565x421_A_562x421.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 13
  • 3822744373_225490645_IM1_11_565x421_A_562x421.jpg
    3822744373_225490645_IM1_11_565x421_A_562x421.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 15

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont think your crazy, i think your a father who wants her daughter to be safe in a big safe GMC. :cool2:

now GO TRADE THAT MUSTANG IN FOR A NEW 08 LTZ TAHOE FOR YOU.

your a true GMC/CHEVY man, i bow down to you.

Denali168

Reaction score
nice! We also just picked up a 2004 Denali XL with 25,000 miles on the clock. The kids love the DVD player and we love the navigation! I think the Tahoe is not gonna be driven as much now.....

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont think your crazy, i think your a father who wants her daughter to be safe in a big safe GMC. :cool2:

now GO TRADE THAT MUSTANG IN FOR A NEW 08 LTZ TAHOE FOR YOU.

your a true GMC/CHEVY man, i bow down to you.

I need to trade in that mustang, don't I? My only problem is my bank account is hurting a little bit right now, I've spent damn near $75k on buying Tahoes/Yukons in the last month. Thank god I've got both of my cars paid off, now I'm just paying for the girls cars :ack: . Maybe I'll have my black over tan 08 LTZ by summer, got it all picked out, just need the money for it now!

I do feel like I stole this Denali, though. Taxes and all I paid just over $22k and most of the ones I'm seeing on autotrader are listed at $24k without taxes and fees with more miles.

Yeah man, what can I say, I love these trucks :smilielol: .

ronjeremy6

Reaction score
^ i want a shot at your 04 when you're ready to sell! my 01 is getting on up there in miles and blue in color is a must. seriously, let me know when you're ready to sell.

Denali168

Reaction score
BamaChevy89, trade in the Stang and get a Vette! What better way to compliment your GMs than with a Vette.

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ i want a shot at your 04 when you're ready to sell! my 01 is getting on up there in miles and blue in color is a must. seriously, let me know when you're ready to sell.

Sorry man, but I'll never sell that thing. It doesn't have too many miles on it, it's around the 41k mark, I'll probably stop driving it as my everyday driver when it gets around 75. I'll keep it around til the wheels fall off though.

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyhow, I know I'm crazy puttin my daughter behind that gas guzzling 6.0 litre engine, but hell, I couldn't very well say no when we have two Tahoes sitting in the garage :lol: .

Nah you're not crazy at all. It's about the safest and coolest thing you can buy. I'm only 18 driving mine so my dad did the same thing you did. The funny thing is my truck stays cleaner than all of the other cars in my family but since I drive what I drive, it better be the cleanest thing in town :smilielol: . Awesome Denali btw, and it's crazy that you found one with that low of a mileage.

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah you're not crazy at all. It's about the safest and coolest thing you can buy. I'm only 18 driving mine so my dad did the same thing you did. The funny thing is my truck stays cleaner than all of the other cars in my family but since I drive what I drive, it better be the cleanest thing in town :smilielol: . Awesome Denali btw, and it's crazy that you found one with that low of a mileage.

That's what she liked about it. She goes to a private school 20 miles on the other side of Birmingham, so she spends a lot of time in the car and she wanted something she felt safe and confortable in but was a cool teenage girl car, at the same time. I have a thing about keeping a car clean, I swear mine looks exactly the same as it did when I drove it off the lot in November '04. It just bothers me to drive something that isn't spotless. Hope she ends up caring about the looks of her car as much as she cares about her looks :smilielol: .

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what she liked about it. She goes to a private school 20 miles on the other side of Birmingham, so she spends a lot of time in the car and she wanted something she felt safe and confortable in but was a cool teenage girl car, at the same time. I have a thing about keeping a car clean, I swear mine looks exactly the same as it did when I drove it off the lot in November '04. It just bothers me to drive something that isn't spotless. Hope she ends up caring about the looks of her car as much as she cares about her looks :smilielol: .

When I first got mine I cared enough to wash it every now and then but not enough to do anything else like polishing ect. But now that I'm attached to it, I loose my mind if I see any new chips, or if it rains the day after I wash it :crazy: . I always look closely now to any Tahoe/Yukon of this era, and I would be embarrased if my Yukon was half as dirty as some of the ones I see on the road. I swear some people don't ever wash them! :eek2:

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I first got mine I cared enough to wash it every now and then but not enough to do anything else like polishing ect. But now that I'm attached to it, I loose my mind if I see any new chips, or if it rains the day after I wash it :crazy: . I always look closely now to any Tahoe/Yukon of this era, and I would be embarrased if my Yukon was half as dirty as some of the ones I see on the road. I swear some people don't ever wash them! :eek2:

I was at the Chevy dealer getting my oil changed a couple months ago and I was just looking out at the used car lot and I was stunned at some of the used Suburbans/Tahoes out there. There was one just exactly like mine except it didn't second row buckets and it had 90k miles on it and it just made me sick to see it. Carpets were a mess, seats were torn up, there were literally chunks out of the daskboards and door panels. Made me wonder about buying another used car...

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score

haha im with you on the cleaning part, i got my hoe about a month ago and have washed it about every week or so and i flip when they turn the sprinklers on here and it gets on my car. im now getting into the fine detailing(claybars, polishing) and what not. also nice denali wish i got one of those haha.