Just got Clear Bra on my 2009 Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jesseasi

Reaction score
For the past few months I have been reading and reading here in the forums. I finally pulled the trigger and picked up a 2009 Yukon Denali XL based on much of the advice and opinions found here.

I thought since everyone here has been so helpful I should share some information about what I just had installed on my Yukon.

I had a clear-bra installed on my 2006 BMW 750Li and I love it. I decided that every new car I get from now on should have clear bra installed. So the first thing I did after taking delivery of my Denali was to get clear bra installed.

Below are some pictures including a link to the entire gallery of images.

394241298_Frh9y-M.jpg

394241867_BfEDL-M.jpg

394242592_T47zn-M.jpg

394244374_4y6hs-M.jpg

394245326_9MpiZ-M.jpg

http://wrigleybum.smugmug.com/gallery/6243545_AUUDU//394245326_9MpiZ

They installed the clear bra on the entire front end of the Denali, including the chrome piece above the grill that is attached to the hood. They also installed it on the side mirrors, head lights, and fog lamps. They did NOT install it on the grill. Seems like the grill is made out of cheap plastic and would be impossible to install with all those holes. They even installed it on the very bottom of the truck where the two screw holes are located for the license plate.

The whole job took two installers (professional guys - same guys that did my BMW) almost 3 full hours from beginning to end. The total cost was $950.00. That's pretty steep but I felt like it is worth it. If you plan on doing this yourself with a kit, I suggest you be VERY careful. When installing the huge hood section they "messed" up and just threw away that piece and cut another one out on their machine.

BTW- I am in no way affiliated with clear bra or stand to gain anything financially. I just felt like this is a product that everyone should consider when buying a new 50K+ vehicle. It has provided great protection against rock dings on my BMW.

Thanks everyone for all the great information found here - I hope my post can prove to be useful.

If you are interested, I had my installation done in southern california. If you
PM me I will be happy to share my installer information with you.

Thanks again.

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice. I've seen a couple of cars with the clear bra installed up close and it looks pretty good.

Another spot on the Denali that I would do is the lower front doors (unless you have mud flaps) because a lot of gravel gets kicked up by the front tires.

metro273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That "clear bra" looks good but only on dark vehicles, like yours, cause on vehicles, especially white, that clear bra starts to turn yellow.

08 Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have it on the front of the hood, and the painted portion of the mirror caps. I just couldn't afford it on the whole front end. I paid $450, for just those two area's. You just notice the rear line, on the edge of the film. I have a Stealth Grey Yukon. The urethane portions of the front end are more foregiving than the metal hood. I know on the wife's mini-van, there are many chips on the hood, but the bumper and area around the grill only have a few.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That "clear bra" looks good but only on dark vehicles, like yours, cause on vehicles, especially white, that clear bra starts to turn yellow.

If you go with the 3M brand film, the opposite of your statement is true, you will be more apt to spot it on a dark vehicle and it will remain clear and not yellow. Go clear bra, nice touch, looks damn amazing!!!!

thetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the garage filled with black vehicles :]
So what really is the clear bra? If I have the right idea then my dad's Tundra has one installed by the dealer, but I'm not sure. Is it used to protect the original paint? I showed my mom the pictures to see if she knows, she doesn't, but she likes your car! She wants me to ask what all they offer for the XL models [she has an ESV].

Looks great, I enjoy looking at the pictures of it!

Gforce

Reaction score
I have the full clear bra on a white Tahoe. It isn't the least bit yellow, given it is only a few months old. I noticed that the one or two chips that I got before the install were black underneath. I'll deal with the yellow bra that I can replace with ease over a black spotted bumper any day. Also had the lights done with it. It seems that almost all car lights get a smoked effect after a few years and I didn't want to have to think about it.

Best thing I've had on any car overall..

avgabriel

Reaction score
This is the one of the best inventions of our time!!! I swear by it! If you get the cheap stuff then yeah maybe it'll turn yellow! i've had mine on my HOE since 2006 and it's still clear as the day it was installed. It's also on my Silver Lexus (1 year) and you can barely notice it. I use PLEXUS to clean it as per the instructions of the the installer. Don't use any wax/polish on it. Even though most waxes look white, they have added colors that can dull the film.

Gforce

Reaction score
I've been using the ICE synthetic polish stuff on it with no problems. Important thing is not to get wax caught on the edge cause it'll show the line. The stuff I'm using is a clear liquid so nothing gets caught.

I use the ICE polish on everything though. It makes all the black plastic on the truck look great cause it drys clear.