K&N ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canakin

Reaction score
The K+N might be a waste of money because modern engines meter the air that comes in and provide the appropriate amount of fuel. If you are using a recommended air filter versus the KN, you may notice little difference. The change is when you calibrate the car to accept the changes like a KN, cold air, exhaust, etc. This is where blackbear comes in and it worked well on my tahoe. Put on a Volant Cold Air and Corsa exhaust. I then had them tune the engine with these mods using premium fuel. It really pepped it up.

chevy_boy87

Reaction score
Heyy everyone im new on here n got a question.im trying ti install a amp kit on my 97 4 door tahoe but i cant find a hole big enough for my 0 gauge wire. Do any one you know if there is one or do i have to cut my own into the fire wall...thx anything helps

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anything that I could do for better mpg

K&N=waste of money. Your are trying to get better fuel mileage. If you do all the K&N and CAI and exhaust and tune then it will be peppy enough you will not be able to keep your foot out of it.

For better mileage make sure tires are aired to proper pressure, alignment is in spec, accel lightly from stops and while building speed, use the correct fuel grade, remove anything you carry around that you really don't need to carry, keep ignition components up to snuff.

Stevenjay

Reaction score
I agree that mpgs are saved by the moat basics like tire pressure. In chicago (where the temp is all over the place) the changing humidity makes the tire pressure change all the time. Make sure the car sits for couple hours first. Digital pressure guages help a lot. I bought a k&N and the biggest difference was the increase in engine noise In the cab. Some guys might like that but I quickly put back on the factory housing. I got enough rattles to track down as is. I just use the k&n drop in filter that's reusable. I like it quiet.

taho3fan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Expect 0-10hp gain with aftermarket CAI but it can help improve the sound of your ride.