Kinda new here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just read BigSexyEscalade's post, and realized that I never introduced myself.

Anyways my name is Josh I live in Portland,OR. I am the Internet Sales Manager for a large car dealership.

I'm 21 and have owned a lot of cars in that past. 94' Mazda B4000 (vortech supercharged, 35"s, and a big lift), 88' Acura Legend, 91' Toyota P/U SR5 V6 3" lift and 33"s, 89' Honda Civic DX (****ter), 95' Honda Passport V6 4x4 (could not get it stuck, and my favorite up until now), 83' Porsche 944, 93' Honda Civic EX Coupe (money pit), 99' Toyota Solara (good runner), and...

Now my 2001 GMC Yukon SLT, bought it in January and plan to keep it until it dies, or I die, whichever comes first. I haven't really done too much to it because I simply do not have the time.

When I bought it someone had already installed a flip-down monitor, iPOD interface, and wired it for a slim PS2 under the seat. They did a REALLY bad job wiring it and a month later I had a meltdown... Power touched ground and melted the ground wire from the driverside rear 1/4 panel up under the dash...UGLY. They had also painted the front grille, a rock chip and a pressure washer screwed that up for me. The driver side mirror is cracked (still waiting on it from the guy I bought it from). I cracked the windshield taking my girlfriend to work cause she had a flat :(.

So far: tinted front two windows 35% (legal limit), tinted sunroof DARK, de-badged, Focal speakers in the rear doors, and I installed a Jensen Flip-out DVD Player and Remote iPod Box.

Wednesday May 14th: Torsion Lift, and 33x12.5-17 Cooper STT (Thanks to Uncle Sam)

I have (3) JL 12w3s, (1) JL 500/1, and (1) JL 300/4 waiting to go in.

Hopefully I will have all of that done by the end of the month!! I won't wire the 300/4 until I have some speakers for up front, along with the custom door door panels I saw on here.

Need to re-paint the grille...Any suggestions?

12920411057.jpg

12920411031.jpg

12920410996.jpg

12920410950.jpg

12920410972.jpg

Pictures were taken with my phone, and e-mailed. Not the best quality.

Last edited:

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice truck. sounds like you're doing pretty well. did you get the Yukon to haul your toys around?

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish.. No toys yet. My girlfriend and I are renting for now. If I had a garage there would definitely be a CR-F or two in there.

YAYSTA

Reaction score
clean yukon, i just recently bought a 01 yukon and i love it, whats wrong with the wiring?

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alex I went back and looked at your first post so I could see some pictures. Nice ride man. Anything changed since?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Welcome to the boards. Nice truck. Stick around and you'll learn a few things here and there and you'll probably get the itch to do more modding than you originally planned.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll love those coopers with the tbar crank, welcome to the forums :cheers:

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alex I went back and looked at your first post so I could see some pictures. Nice ride man. Anything changed since?

Nah, I haven't done much else to it. I just drive it for now, I'm not sure what I really want to do. I'm picking up another toy in the next month that will probably get most of my extra funds.

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
clean yukon, i just recently bought a 01 yukon and i love it, whats wrong with the wiring?

Bad install, the car came from the Auto Auction in Crapramento. A wholesaler friend of mine bought it there and when I saw him driving it I inquired. Anyways I have no idea where it was installed. They ran the power and constant from under the dash back to the B-Pillar, T'ed it up there and ran the wires up the the screen and then back to where the tire tools are in that compartment for some reason. It looks like they had a small battery back there or something.

Power and ground touched and welded to eachother. My car filled with smoke while I was driving to a meeting, the ground wire cooked all the way from tool compartment up under the dash.

:mad3: :mad2:

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll love those coopers with the tbar crank, welcome to the forums :cheers:

I have read nothing but good things about them AND I am getting an awesome deal on them. $220 a piece mounted and balanced. So with the new T-Bar keys, the labor to have them cranked, and the new 33x12.5s it is only going to cost me $1080.

He says I don't NEED to have it re-aligned but I am going to do it anyways so I don't ruin my new tires.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anytime you adjust the torsion bars you will need an alignment, especially when doing keys.

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that. I am going to tell him that when I go there on Wednesday. SO he doesn't mislead any customers. The toe will be WAY out of whack.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The torsion springs are just like any other spring, whenever they are adjusted you are essentially changing the entire dynamics of the vehicle and the adjustments made for the previous setting will not apply. Even slight adjustment will throw everything out of whack, especially your camber. Kinda pisses me off when these shops bs the customer into thinking this garbage, when even a lowly engineering student can explain otherwise.

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you!! I know, that is why I wanted to start a shop up here in Portland. There are a couple around but nothing that I would brag about. I sell cars so negotiation is my thing, now, I used to lay down at the first price.