Leather Cleaner/Conditioner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jayhawk25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used that butlers secret. I just got it a couple of weeks ago and have used it once on my leather. It seems to do the trick. I could def notice the leather was softer as using. My leather has some of the creases on a few of the seats and after one application it seems the creases seems to have faded out some, hopefully after a few more applications they will come out even more.

GTO2050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used that butlers secret. I just got it a couple of weeks ago and have used it once on my leather. It seems to do the trick. I could def notice the leather was softer as using. My leather has some of the creases on a few of the seats and after one application it seems the creases seems to have faded out some, hopefully after a few more applications they will come out even more.
I sure hope so.....I just ordered some of it today. They do have a money back guarantee!

TeeJay

Reaction score
I'm torn between the Butlers and Lexol
http://www.summitinds.com/category/lexol/

People have said that Lexol smells like actual leather, which could be nice. How does butlers smell. Does the smell last?

Lexol is 2 separate products, one being a cleaner and the other a conditioner. I'm wondering how Butlers does both jobs in one bottle.

GTO2050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used Lexol many times and it is really not a good cleaning product (at least in my experience). It is good as a preservative but the cleaner always left a little to be desired. If you want to wait a week and wait until I get my Butler's Secret.......people seem to swear by it.

TeeJay

Reaction score
I have used Lexol many times and it is really not a good cleaning product (at least in my experience). It is good as a preservative but the cleaner always left a little to be desired. If you want to wait a week and wait until I get my Butler's Secret.......people seem to swear by it.

did you get that Butlers Secret yet?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mothers works fine for me, nice and smooth and it doesn't smell like silly putty.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I use Lexol conditioner. I have some Meguire's leather cleaner and conditioner that seem to work well also. I'd like to hear how the Butler's compare. Don't forget to post a review for us, GTO:thumbsup:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first time i applied it the seats smelled nice and felt soft, but i did this to preserve the newness as at only 5k there is no ware and im so anle about the interior of my truck i wanted to protect it . i did this at 5k miles and never did it again until now at 40k miles about 7 months later. keep in mind they have a 365 day garentee. i went to apply since the seats are now super cracked i went to apply it again and nothing happened :mad2: :mad3: i guess thier more of a protectant than a restorer. Can anybody reccommend a good restorer? im thinking of researficing the front seats, the rear and third are brand new (except where i riped a quarter size hole in one of the captains chairs:mad: )

GTO2050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man RT, that is not a good report. Mine are dingy with a lot of wrinkling. I'm hoping for the best.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man RT, that is not a good report. Mine are dingy with a lot of wrinkling. I'm hoping for the best.

yea, thats the extent of my two front seats now. i think all the stuff did was presurve them, now since it has warn off it aint gunna get fixed enless i bite the bullit and get them repaired. :mpr: :mad3:

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've always thought that GM's leather just absolutely sucked. thats why I intentionally got cloth in my tahoe.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've always thought that GM's leather just absolutely sucked. thats why I intentionally got cloth in my tahoe.

its not really gm, its the fact that i use it so much.

my 05 ford expi had cracks and creases in its leather at 8k (i got rid of that monstor way before any more crap happened).

now in all fairness, my 84 mercedes has less ware markes than the yukon. :rolleyes2:

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its not really gm, its the fact that i use it so much.

my 05 ford expi had cracks and creases in its leather at 8k (i got rid of that monstor way before any more crap happened).

now in all fairness, my 84 mercedes has less ware markes than the yukon. :rolleyes2:

no, it is GM. every GM i've had with leather, it didnt hold up at all. I looked at many trucks with 50k or less miles on them and the drivers seat was already cracked.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, it is GM. every GM i've had with leather, it didnt hold up at all. I looked at many trucks with 50k or less miles on them and the drivers seat was already cracked.

ALREADY CRACKED!!!!

thats great for any leather seat.

i have never had a car that has had leather hold up past 35k, its still nice but its got some wear, any car, i have owned or seen. i would say the only leather that i have seen that has ever lasted a while is the leather on the seats of my jetski. :lol: