Leather seat stitching

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone have problems with the stitching coming lose on their seats? Its only happening on one of the 2nd row pass seats. Its just a very small section but the seam is still in place. (double stitched maybe). I just didnt want it to turn into a big problem or a warranty issue later on.

on the same note. anyone ever had to do repairs to torn seats? Just want to be prepared just in case.

khool750

Reaction score
Yup, just did. I'm going to tell you, it was a big f-ed up situation too. You know how the leather and vinyl has the pattern on it. Well if you looked closely at mine on the driver's seat near the bottom and the back bolster area, it was starting to separate along the pattern lines. I took it to the dealership, and they were like, those look like little cuts. It took me arguing with them for 2 hours and speaking to the general manager to finally get them to repair it. <---- that's right, repair. They say that unless it is not repairable, they can not replace the covers. This is where it gets really f-ed up, after the vinyl guy comes and repairs the are, it was nice and everything, but I don't know if you know how polymers and synthetics work, but they eventually draw up, so now, there are no cracks, but impressions of the cracks, and How do you bitch at them about impressions that you have to literally be an inch away from to see. So take care of your seats, and pay attention to them daily or weekly. I'm looking daily to see if the stitching is coming undone, but I would almost say that you can get new covers for that problem. Hope that helps. Just remember, you are the customer, and stand your ground, it's not like you can fix it yourself, or should be responsible for the repair.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you filed a report on the Dealership.

I only have like 13k miles on mine but I'll keep on it.

khool750

Reaction score
I only have 10g's on my odo. Sucks, and no i didn't file a complaint. I was told by the general manager that this was a repairable problem and gm would not replace the covers. I was a little bothered by that, but I did not know I could complain to gm. Maybe you can pass that info along to me and inform me of who to go to to get my covers replaced. Thanks.