LED 3rd brake light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I just ordered a pair of those smoked X3 Racing LED tail lights that a few people have. Can't wait to put them in. But I was thinking of replacing the 3rd brake light with something LED (preferably smoked also) to compliment the look. I checked on ebay but either they are for 07+ or for our years with the barn doors. I have not seen any LED 3rd lights for without the barn doors. Any suggestions? Thanks.

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might be wrong but I think they already are LEDs stock....... Never had my 01 apart but they sure look like it.......

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
Yes the CHMSL is LED. You might be better off, IMHO, to used VHT NiteShades and tint the housing.

Also lemme know how you like the output of those X3 tails. If you can, also take pics. I was more than skeptical of quality, output, and overall fit and finish due to their low price.

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heres my tails in

IMG_1819.jpg

the flash kept coming on, but there brighter than the picture

IMG_1820.jpg

remember these lights dont hook up the same as your oem ones.

kandywhips504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they make a clear and a smoked clear LED third brake light, i found them a few places on the internet, ill post up a link when i get on my other computer that i have it bookmarked on

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, I was wondering if the 3rd light was already LED while I was making this topic. I think I still want aftermarket though.

Ghostface those look really good. I almost got those, but I wasn't sure how they would look on a white truck. I'm ordering this type:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SMOK...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Is there a smoked LED 3rd tail that matches up with the above very well? I found some that would look perfect, but they are for the barn doors :( In what ways to these tails not hook up like the OEMs? I thought it was just plug and play.

Last edited:

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok right before I was about to order, the auction ended and someone bought them. I called X3 racing today and they said they wont have the red LED smoked ones until two weeks from now. I might just splurge on some ones like what ghostface has because they are growing on me and look good.

Or I might just order these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:543|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Does anyone have any experience with this part? I figured that if I'm getting LED tails, I might as well have a matching look up front.

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah those were the exact ones that I was about to order. I will probably wait two weeks for those. Imo the X3 tails are some of the only ones that look good on these. I can't stand the other ones that look ricey. I just ordered the Halo Projectors that I linked in my last post. Can't wait to put them in, and I'll post pics.