LED Bumper Ligght Install, wtf?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EZStreet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just got done installing a couple of halo projectors and LED bumper light replacement strips on my Yukon. Halos are looking fine and the right side strip is working fine, only problem is the left bumper strip will not light up. Anyone who's done this install knows theres not much to it, very straightforward...but I'm out of ideas on why the LED's are not lighting up on the left side. I suppose it could be defective but I'm hoping its something simple. Any of yall who've done this mod have any ideas?

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
Assuming its the type of led light that plugs into the 4 way connector, all you'd have to do is determine which pin is for the light in question. Then having someone actuate that light, you can check with a test light to be sure that there is power to that pin.

If there turns out to be power at that pin, the strip is defective.

EZStreet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming its the type of led light that plugs into the 4 way connector, all you'd have to do is determine which pin is for the light in question. Then having someone actuate that light, you can check with a test light to be sure that there is power to that pin.

If there turns out to be power at that pin, the strip is defective.

There's power to the pin, so I guess the strip is defective. I tried to find a replacement relay, but no auto parts store carries it.

EZStreet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I've got that damn racing blinker too now. :mad2:. I can't stand the fast clicking. I dont think replacing the relay is going to do any good, any suggestions?

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a pic of how you wired it up?

Do the wires for the left strip end in a "plug in type" connector, or did you have to choose which wire got 12V and which wire got ground? If you had to choose, you may try switching the 12V and ground to see if they light up.

EZStreet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No pics, but its a plug and play kit where the headlight connector plug into the factory cable harness. The more I think about it I think i either have a defective strip or relay...hopefully the ebay seller doen't try to screw me.

05- could you tell me a little more about what I would need to do with the resistor?