License plate lights...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea stick with stock color on bulbs or any lights visible to the police. the state troopers have a tendency to nit pick on these issues. i have gotten pulled and been ticked for having turn signals of the wrong color!

apparently the turn signal bulbs MUST be yellow/amber in color. (even though volvo's have clear turn signal bulbs from the factory in their tail lights i bet some1 driving a volvo never gets pulled for that ****), also, i have gotten pulled for my visual theft deterrent. get this, i was parked at the beach one nite about 10pm hangin around and i get back in my truck to go to a buddies house and get pulled over 2 blocks from where i parked. the cop threatens to take me to jail for "impersonating an officer of the law". i have this led flasher on my dash that looks like blue night rider when the truck is parked. i explained something to the cop so he looked dumb and didn't give me a ticket for fear of being embarassed in court. the law says you can't have a blue light that "flashes or oscillates" while driving. my visual theft deterrent was hooked to the ignition so when the car is off the light is on and vice versa. the cop just gave me a mean look and said he better not see me driving around at nite with that blue light on then went back to his car without giving me a ticket or warning. HA!

so the moral of this story, leave your bulb colors stock! then you won't get pulled by some over-zealous copper for a minor infraction that could cost you your license or your freedom if you are perhaps intoxicated or carrying something illegal (both of which i'm sure some of us are guilty of)