Lock pick install, now no rear camera video?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goldenrod49

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this problem? The GMX-320 install went fine and works as it should but the factory back up camera has no video feed. When I put the hoe in reverse I DO get the screen switching over to rear camera and the message across the top in yellow is also there but no actual image. I have a 2008 Tahoe LTZ with all factory Nav, Rear DVD and Camera. Dip switch 1 and 2 are down, 3,4 and 5 up. I did NOT do the splice step to turn on the camera anytime and no other video/aux sources on the lock pick are being used. For my application should all of the harness's have been used?
Any info will be greatly appreciated! I plan on opening it up again on Tuesday if anyone has any thoughts.

Snomon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You cannot be in XM when you want to turn the camera on. I freaked out the first time.

-or- the blue wire that runs to the blackbox under the passenger seat isn't hooked up correctly.

goldenrod49

Reaction score
I did not hook up the blue wire and I do not use XM. I have Sirius through the AUX jack. Any other thoughts?
Thanks.

Snomon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oops, I misread your question. I thought you were having problems trying to turn camera on via the lockpick. Sorry.

06Evolved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the harness to the actual lockpick box comes loose. This happened to mine and I just went back and made sure it was connected properly. That was all that was wrong with mine. It works every time now.

rsmitty115

Reaction score
were you able to correct this issue? Just hooked up my lockpin and I am expierencing the same problem.

Hill1430

Reaction score
I installed the lockpic in my 07 Suburban last night and also had no video.

rsmitty115

Reaction score
hill 1430, did you hook up the blue wire in order to view the camera while the vehicle is in motion?

goldenrod49

Reaction score
Yes, it is fixed. There was one wire coming from the Lock Pick's brown harness connector that was pulled out. I don't know if it happened during the first install or what but that was the problem.

Hill1430

Reaction score
I just looked at my harness, the yellow and black wires in the brown connector were loose.

rsmitty115

Reaction score
Hill 1430, I guess I was asking if you opted to hook up the optional rear camera view while in drive. The previous post had said that they did not cut the blue wire. I will pull things apart again tomorrow, but it is bugging the heck out of me as to why this thing won't work.

rsmitty115

Reaction score
Is it as simple as just pushing the wires back into the harness?

rsmitty115

Reaction score
Just pulled it apart again, found the yellow wire was loose in the harness. I appreciate all the input, was a big help!