Looking to lower with Mcgaughy 2/3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FadedSS

Reaction score
I am looking to lower my 07 Yukon slt that has auto ride. I am interested in the Mcgaughy 2/3 deluxe kit (30009) and was wondering if this will simply bolt on or if modifications need to be made. Additionally, I dont see any install guides for setup's with auto-ride.

How do air/non air ride yukons differ in regards to the installation of the lowering kit?

Thanks,
Matt

jonnyenglish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mcgaughys

It will use the standard shocks with shock extenders in the rear that will enable the auto ride to still "think" its at stock height...
I would imagine the fronts will be no different as the spindles keep standard shocks and springs.
Good luck
Jonathan

FadedSS

Reaction score
great, thanks for the response. seems too easy! lol

anyone have any expereince with just doing the rear leveling kit? a shop i go to suggested just leveling out the truck with a 2" drop in the rear...

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have 4WD, then you are going to have to remove the CV axle in front and cut the Bolt on the Upper ball joint once installed.
The 30009 kit differs from others: the shock bracket is wider to accommodate the larger air shocks. Other than that, all the kits are the same.

Basic tools and a impact gun via socket will help. This kit can be installed in your drive way. Just might take a little longer.

FadedSS

Reaction score
If you have 4WD, then you are going to have to remove the CV axle in front and cut the Bolt on the Upper ball joint once installed.
The 30009 kit differs from others: the shock bracket is wider to accommodate the larger air shocks. Other than that, all the kits are the same.

Basic tools and a impact gun via socket will help. This kit can be installed in your drive way. Just might take a little longer.

thanks for the info, sounds really straight forward. i have all the necessary air tools and access to a lift. but what is the "CV axle"?

55belairtim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the cv axle is the drive shaft for the front if you have 4wd or awd. if you do not have a 4wd or awd dont worrie about it just follow the directions that come with the spindle. or if you have any questions you can contact me. ive installed over 50 of these kits i know a thing or two about them.

freyguy

Reaction score
Cutting the extra off the ball joint is about the hardest part, and it's not bad. Also, when lowering the rear axle to put in the coil springs, be sure not to stress the rear ABS lines. I learned from mistake there. :eek:

55belairtim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
before you try removing the rear coils disconnect the abs sensor at the top of the frame this will save you a lot of headach.