low power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yuhoe96

Reaction score
Well i have been driving my car around and the power has been dipping really low around 9 volts if i have my lights on and if i have the heat on also sometimes it will get so low it will just shut off. If i drive with no heat or lights it will stay around 14. I have replaced the alternater and the battery and can not find the problem anyone have any ideas???:confused2:

1999HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the battery vehicle specific i mean if she is to small that might be the problem

yuhoe96

Reaction score
yeah its the right battery and alternater but just not getting the right juice lol

tahoeman960208

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just had mine towed to the shop because of the alternator. yours sounds like it has all the symptoms of being the alternator. and if you replaced both that and the battery, i cant believe the problem isnt fixed.

John Redcorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an oreilly alternator and an autozone starter on my old firebird that both had to be replaced about every 6 months for 2 years. (lifetime warranty so it didnt cost anything but still)

I eventually bought a starter and alt from a guy my grandpa knows who had a little business of him and his wife rebuilding craploads of them in a spare bedroom of their house. They both lasted forever.

If it's from a place like autozone oreilly or maybe advanceauto you have to kind of expect that sometimes. Napa's usually great.

Last edited:

yuhoe96

Reaction score
do you guys think it could be a short in the system, if so any idea where?