My new dual component set-up (with pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dafew03

Reaction score
Real nice work, man. I'm looking to lose the Bose system for a custom solution at some point myself. Still working out the "wants vs. needs".

oneclu

Reaction score
sorry to get off topic JK but how much tint do you have on your windows????????

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
sorry to get off topic JK but how much tint do you have on your windows????????
5% on the front doors and double 5% on the rest of the truck.
Dualcomponentinstall12.jpg

Cobra

Reaction score
? for JKmotorsports

Hey JK first off I want to give you props on your set up. It looks good. 2nd I want to ask are you happy with infinity kappas? I was thinking of getting 60.9cs but the guy at custom sounds says infinity sucks and Boston acoustics were for guys who wanted sound quality. I am just trying to make a decesion but have not got a chance to hear the infinitys next to boston yet.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
The Kappas aren't the best, but neither are Bostons. Both sound great for the money. I'm not going to be like the guys at Custom Sounds and judge a brand depending on whether I carry that particular line or not just to make a sale. There are definitely more superior set-ups out there, but for the dollar/quality ratio, the Kappas aren't bad at all. Also take a look at other brands such as Dynaudio, Focal, Rainbow, Diamond, and MB Quart.
Keep in mind, the signal source and component placement will make a huge impact on how well your speakers are going to sound also. The best component speakers in the world won't make much of a difference without a good clean signal and proper placement.
BTW, thanks for the props and welcome to the forum.

btrftw

Reaction score
hey JK

i just bought a system for my truck, alpine type R's up front (components) and kenwood components in the rear.

people are giving me crap for having 2 sets of components in the front and rear.

what can i do to make it still sound good?

thanks!

Cobra

Reaction score
Thx. for the feedback JK. I heard the Boston sl60 at Alpha audio. I will have to look around a lil more before I decide. I want to install in factory locations. I just want good clean sound. I maybe to getting to old to be rattling the doors off. Currently I have 2 Mtx 10s and I think I need some dynmat.