[my review] OEM Replacement DVD 7" Touchscreen GPS Navigation Unit For Chevrolet Chev

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

themechanic

Reaction score
g.png

414Cvxl3hpL.jpg

413EQ3xnpyL.jpg

41WbPeNWKkL.jpg

Pros - I have installed a lot of aftermarket audio and video systems in a many vehicles and I have to say this is one of the most well integrated units I have seen. Installation is straight forward, mostly plug and play. Works well with steering wheel controls (with one noted exception below), much improved sound quality over stock unit. Is everything it claims to be. Ipod, DVD, NAV, Backup Camera, CD, AM/FM all good. (Have not used AUX video for rear entertainment)

Cons - Radio reception could stand to be improved. Loses stations pretty quick on road trips. (In town is OK) Backup camera video cable needs to be about 2 ft longer. Adapter needed for FM antenna. Wish you could use the button on the steering wheel to answer the phone. (button mutes the radio only and is only useful when making outgoing calls). To answer phone you must tap the screen. Installation and setup instructions not clear at all, but the wiring harness is clearly labeled. Backup camera power feed only 6V. (Solution: Run power from ACC lead or tap into reverse lights on the vehicle.) NAV system slow to boot up, but you get used to it.

Other - Unit is manufactured by FlyAudio, which has a link on their site for various Vehicle logos to program into the unit. So now, when my wife turns the key, the Chevy bow tie is shown during unit startup. Pretty cool and further enhances the stock integration of the unit and I would recommend it to anyone that's interested. Sound quality is AWESOME.