Need help...electrical issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Feelinthevibe

Reaction score
Hello all,

I joined the forum hoping to find some help with an issue I am having with my 2004 Tahoe since I haven't been able to find any answers online and after visiting 3 different shops in Missouri, still having the same problems.

Over the past year I have had to put 3 alternators in my truck and replaced 5 batteries. Everything is fine for a couple months, then the same problem. My lights(dash, dome, headlight, backup lights, ect) all begin to flicker horribly, voltage meter bounces up and down and when I was driving from Joplin, Mo to Atlanta where I just moved my battery and airbag lights would come on when the headlights began to flicker bad...I was just waiting to get pulled over for my lights. One shop thought it might be the Body Control Module that went bad in some Escalades making the computer think the lights were constantly on and there was supposedly a recall on, but the dealership I went to had no clue what I was talking about. Anyone experienced this issue or have any suggestions of what else I can look in to?

-Thanks

clkelley

Reaction score
Welcome!

Yes, I agree with the body control module. Check the relays and wiring leading to and from the body control module. It is located under the dash behind the dash panel under the steering wheel. If the wiring looks good around it then the module is probably bad and needs replaced. You can find a picture of it as well as wiring identification information for under the dash at the link below. The best picture of the body control module is on page 10 in the center of the pictures.

http://alarmsellout.com/support/diagrams/vehicle/CHEVROLET TAHOE 1995-2005.pdf

If you want to save a little on the cost, contact SuperchargedSS in private message here on the site, he can get you oem replacement parts and may be able to save you a little coin.

Hope this helps

Grebbler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seem to recall that there was a grounding problem causing all kinds of weird issues on these trucks. Find and check all the ground straps and cables. Remove and clean them well, especially the block to chassis straps.