Need Help/opinion By Monday!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

High4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will leave you alone after this less you think I am pushing for the Volant....it's just my preference and well liked within the Forum. 4wheelonline.com has it for a '97 for $245 (with box) and free shipping. I'm sure all of them a good CAI systems and whatever you choose you'll be pleased.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, you've been a big help! And I appreciate the input! I'll be sure to let y'all know which one I get. :Chevy:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will leave you alone after this less you think I am pushing for the Volant....it's just my preference and well liked within the Forum. 4wheelonline.com has it for a '97 for $245 (with box) and free shipping. I'm sure all of them a good CAI systems and whatever you choose you'll be pleased.

:iagree:

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with GetWired on this particular air intake.

I have a K&N filter in there now ( the previous owner put it in.) I think he tried to put in a larger one than what is reccomended. ( the airbox barely closes, the long filter deforms the filter box, etc)

I looked at the AirRaid and the Volant and the full K&N. My main trouble with selecting was that I wanted a full replacement of the vortec junk thats in front of the throttle body, as well as smooth tubing for the whole airpath.
Getwired sent me the link to the exact Volant setup I needed, and I ordered it. It has not arrived yet due to the *#&$*(&@ guy waiting forever and then "the holiday" blah blah, I now expect it this week. Volant 15957 is the PN for mine.

I know this isnt the brand you wanted to choose from because of $$ but maybe shafting a few peeps on your Christmas list might be worth the horsepower. :eek:

I'll post how my installation goes.

Pete

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I have thought about just spending the money, and forgetting a few people on Christmas. Unfortunately I am a semi-pro skier, and my coach/manager just let me know I have to go to Utah after Christmas for a Demo, and that isn't cheap. :Chevy:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, you could just wait and get a nicer system until like around President's Day or something -- seems like alot of places (online and not) offer savings around just about every holiday... Granted, the Christmas sales tend to be the best of them. Let us know what you do! ;)

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I went with Airaid, I've heard there name around alot more than the AFE, and it's also sold on Stylintrucks, and if it is sold on there it is good quality (just trust Sylin more than 4wheelparts or autoanything). Anyway I can't wait to get it, I'll be sure to post pics and such! :Chevy:

High4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good for you. Let us know how it installs and, most importantly, how you like it.

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ebay sells some that are homemade but use a genuine k&n filter. they are like half price and do the same thing. the main hp gains are acheived by replacing the stock air filter and the intake tube. the stock tube has a ribbed design for durability and movement, but it doesn't flow nearly as good as a smooth pipe. be sure to get a kit that replaces the entire intake tube as most of the ebay kits only replace the filter and the tube between it and the mass airflow sensor.

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heat shield

the heat shield provided with k&n does look cool and it does help keep the heat away from your filter. it probably doesn't add any noticeable horsepower aside from the fact that it keeps your filter cleaner by preventing dust/dirt from sticking to the oily element. =)