Need Help! Remote start/ security issues!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

splinter_cell

Reaction score
Thanks in advance for the assistance:

I have a 2000 Yukon XL. My wife used the remote start to start it. Our son got in and locked the door. My wife tried to get him to unlock it. In the process of all of this, the security set off. She tried to stop it using the fob. In the end she had to use the key to unlock the door. She put it in the ignition to stop the security. We (being her because I was 2 hours away directing her through the phone) ended up having to pull the battery and then a main fuse to shut off the vehicle. It will not start now. I tried the (3) key cycle security reset. This will not work. I notice that the lights are on and that the starter relay keeps engaging with the key OUT of the vehicle. The Battery is now dead. I went to try to charge it and it sparks when I hook up the charger. I believe it is because the vehicle is trying to start itself all of the time without the key in. Is this an issue with the security, the remote starter, the starter, the relay, or something else? I really need help!!