Need Help Replacing GM VSS-350 alarm LED valet switch 97 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe97NC

Reaction score
Does anyone know what is required to replace the LED valet switch on a GM VSS-350 security alarm?

My switch came apart and is no longer functional and unfortunately failed with the alarm ARMED so every time I open the door it sets off the alarm.

There are three wires leading into the switch. Green, Blue, Orange. No clue what type of switch I need, where to get it, and which wires go where.

I would be willing to permanently disable the circuit but not sure which wires need to be connected or which needs to be cut.

Thanks,

Tahoe97NC

Attachments

• 97 Tahoe LED GM VSS-350 alarm valet switch.jpg
    97 Tahoe LED GM VSS-350 alarm valet switch.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 2

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to follow that wire to the alarm and unplug it as you get model number of alarm and brand and order it you can get it from your local radio or alarm shop or eBay

Tahoe97NC

Reaction score
Thanks Slammed. Although I haven't explored it yet, do you think that is buried up under the dash or would it be in the engine compartment?
Thanks,
Tahoe97NC

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should be under the dash or one of the kick panels

Tahoe97NC

Reaction score
alarm valet switch repaired

To anyone with a similar problem.

DISCONNECT BATTERY

1. Found the alarm module tucked up against the firewall to the left of the brake pedal although if you do this right you won't need access to it.
2. Ordered part #CA3WLV "Code Alarm 3 Wire Combo LED W/Valet" switch from Car Alarm Depot (www.caralarmdepot.com) for $14.95 plus freight. This is a direct replacement for the valet switch that was installed by the dealer in 1996. Fits into the same hole in the dash. Wired with an orange (power), green (LED), and blue (valet switch) wires. Small nylon locking piece comes in from behind the dash to secure the valet light that feeds through it from the front of the dash.
3. Do not attempt to remove the blue, green, or orange wires that feed into the nylon connect that attaches to the alarm module. They are locked in and if you pull hard enough they will separate from the metal pins that stay in the nylon connect which creates a big problem. I did this and had to drill out the metal pin and manually insert the pin from the new wire/switch through the nylon connect and into the module to close the circuit. Doesn't fit real tight so you do not want to repeat my mistake.
4. Remove the nylon locking piece and put it aside. Feed the wires of the new switch through the hole in the dash. Slip the nylon locking piece over the 3 wires and up to the back of the dash where the wires of the new valet switch feeds through from the front. Tighten from front and rear so the valet switch is firmly attached.
5. Locate the corresponding orange, blue, and green wires from the failed alarm valet switch. Cut and splice them directly to the new wires of the same color of the replacement switch.
6. Tuck the wires up and away, RECONNECT battery, and you should be good to go.