Need help, trying to find a Z71 front bumper....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deejayrock

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Just wanted to see if anyone knew where I could find a 07-08 Z71 Tahoe front bumper, I've been trying to search the internet for "replacement bumper covers" but no one carries the Z71 bumpers, anyone know of a website or shop?
Thank you everyone for your help.
deejayrock

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a search for you and found a salvage yard that has one in black with condition listed as "000" which means no damage.

Front Bumper Assy
Chevy Tahoe w/off road pkg (opt BPH)-(rect.FOG) BLK

Condition: 000
Stock #: 10010M
Price: $450.29

Fox Auto Parts USA-MI(Belleville)
Request_Quote 1-800-851-3277 EXT 2

deejayrock

Reaction score
Is there a reason you dont want to purchase from the dealer?

Just wanted to see what prices were avail. before I get the bomb dropped on me at the dealership, not sure what they charge yet.
Thank you for that search.
deejayrock

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is that it is around the same ballpark but you will need to get it painted...

deejayrock

Reaction score
So I called the local dealership to check on parts prices for the Z71 front and fender flares. He says "I'll call you back and let you know what I find", I say "okay"...He calls back and asks, "what exactly do you want to do", I say "turn my Tahoe externally into a Z71" he says "Is there a difference in the fronts of the regular Tahoe and a Z71?"..I say "ummm yeah"....sheesh
We'll see what he calls back with tomorrow =)

TXST8tj

Reaction score
just from experience, in those situations, it's just easier to say you got in a wreck and need to replace all of those parts. those shop guys usually can't wrap what you're trying to do around their heads and actually understand and give you straight answers.

deejayrock

Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking about saying, but I"m sure they would have asked me for my VIN like they did yesterday, we'll see what they come back with. I probably taught them something new.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know what you find out. I will probably have to replace the front bumper on mine anyway since I messed it up at the beach this summer, and I like the Z71 much better.

deejayrock

Reaction score
Well, the stealership gave me a quote for the front fascia, rear bumper and the fender flares and he said the total was already at $2900 not including the fogs lights and accessories for the front...ouch, but he did say that the front bumper alone was about $400-500 by itself if you want to go that route, but I'm guessing its not including the accessories for the front bumper (fogs, etc).

How messed up is your bumper? Maybe you can buy the Street scene front bumper cover to go over it. Just a thought.

deejayrock

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The damage isn't too bad, I put it in a thread a while back. I looked at the SS cover, but I really don't like it.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to the dealer to get the bumper cover priced out. I do not have the Z71 Tahoe, but am interested in replacing my bumper cover with the Z71 bumper cover. I got 2 quotes, one for just replacing my current bumper cover, and another for replacing it with the Z71 bumper cover and any underlying parts that are different.

Standard bumper cover replacement: $850
Z71 bumper cover, underlying parts replacement: $1425

If I want the Z71 fogs, that is another $200

TXST8tj

Reaction score
as i have been in more accidents than i would like to advertise (only one being my fault), i am fairly familiar with getting body parts replaced.

chances are whatever you do, you will need to have the part painted or repainted. in this case, obviously buy used when/where you can. since you will likely be taking it over to a body shop to be painted to match, have them do the part searching for you. you're giving them the paint business, they can and should be willing to find the parts too. they have access (and better search methods and options) to more salvage yards and such than we do. they can probably get the part a bit cheaper too when they do find it.
whatever you do, make sure you get OEM parts and not aftermarket stuff. it's worth the extra cost for its superior fit and finish. i know that from experience.

it is just a thought. i made friends early on with a body shop manager and he always found me good parts (repeat business is always rewarded).

with stuff like foglights, that is a good time, when possible, to just go the aftermarket route that most current owners are probably trying to swap to themselves. no sense in buying the stock version if it's something that everyone else is looking to upgrade themselves.

deejayrock

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the input, I was actually able to find a Z71 front bumper cover on fleabay, it will have to be painted and has minor scratches on the bottom of it, but atleast it comes with the skid plate. I'll need to purchase the fogs and lips elsewhere, oh well got it for a steal.

Anyone happen to know the parts numbers for the Z71 fogs and front lips? My local dealer didn't even know there was a difference in the Z71 and the regular Tahoe, maybe having the parts numbers would speed up the process=).

Thanks, deejayrock