New from the Lou!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

certified51

Reaction score
Hey all i just decided i was gonna keep my 01 tahoe instead of selling it or trading it in. i only had it a couple years but she been thru alot with me. just had transmission rebuilt and a few other things done. I was going to buy some wheels and got to looking at all the things i can do. I decided to try to do them myself. I have always paid others to do the work, but i got some friends know a little and you guys!! So first off thanks for letting me in and reading my mumble. i have a few questions looking for opinions and such...
1. abs light and brake light on. got a new abs module and put in. not new, it was last one at junkyard though. got the motor too if needed. put the module in and light off for few days, then after about 50 miles or so it came back on. now it is intermittent. so i was going to try fixing the ground approach and then wheel sensor. code is co265 ebcm relay circuit. i am going to solder my original one i took off truck and try that one back in after my ground cleaning. Mostly curious if i even needed to sit in the junkyard for 3 hours that day with snakes and such all around.
2. i want bigger than my 16'' wheels..thinking 18 or 20. will i have to do anything besides spacers? 265/70/16 is stock. 2wd 2001 ls is my hoe.
3.my hoe runs the highway mostly i drive to kc and back 1x a week to see my son. will lowering it give it a smoother ride or better handling or raisiing or leveling....want to get it to ride best and perform best
4.chip worth putting in my hoe for what i use it for?
5.you know of a place that i can add accesories i.e. smoked lights, fog lights, wheels, etc to see what it would look like before i buy it?

just thought of 5 more i will wait cause i should probably post them in seperate areas...thanks for any help