new guy on the block

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJTricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i didnt know where to put this so here we go, this is my introduction.

Ride(s): 1996 Chevy Tahoe
Mods:
Interior: custom door panel's, custom box, custom wood accents, custom lighting in sub box and headliner

Exterior: grill guard, blazer fog lights, police strobe lights front and rear, blue led's in the headlights, hyperwhite headlights, blue underbody lights, bushwaker fender flares

Engine: stocker 350, mild cam, ported heads, flowmaster true duel exhaust, atlas one transfer case, high performance break pads

Suspension: 2/3 inch drop kit, 285 ELITE rims.

In Car Electronics:
4 - 7 inch Phoenix Gold component system
2 - 6 1/2 Phoenix Gold inch component systems
2 Phoenix Gold ZPA 0.5 amps
1 Phoenix Gold tantrum 1200.1
1 Phoenix Gold ZXti475
alpine deck
alpine cd changer
5 optima yellow tops
12 - 10 inch MA Audio MA100XE subs
all phoenix gold wire
Phoenix Gold TBA1 line driver and EQ

IMG_3190.jpg

aeo.jpg

aeq.jpg

P1100008.jpg

Picture024.jpg

aep.jpg

Last edited:

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice hoe man.. i see u drive it in the winter and take it to shows??? whats your preventions on keeping it clean underneath.. the trick i always learned after coming in for the day on a winter day.. take a sprinkler the ones that like go back and fourth that shoot up and put it underneath your car or truck or whatever with warm water and its wise in the garage and let the water clean it for you.. : )..

DJTricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i have the frame and undercarriage rubberized and on my rims i use CLR and polish ever 3 days in the winter. but here are some more pics as requested

IMG_3367.jpg

IMG_3369.jpg

IMG_3365.jpg

IMG_3370.jpg

front doors
IMG_3103.jpg

rear doors
l_34d2d59b33e5dabe22a5b93b0fb09074.jpg

and some dash and custom headliner stuff.
IMG_3117.jpg

IMG_3116.jpg

IMG_3115.jpg

IMG_2927.jpg

it got delivered to my house after the engine, tranny and rear end swap.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Nice looking truck and set-up you got:thumbsup: Your work or did you have a shop perform the install? Nice job.

DJTricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it was actually my work in my old shop. i changed shops now but i was in freeman's auto sound and now im at area 51 so i did the work.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should throw some phoenix gold audio gear in there too while your at it. Or some phoenix gold.

HOLY CRAP. :eek2:

well, welcome to the forum. Its so nice, I dont know what to say except wow.

I now want to sell my sh*t.

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its all pg? whats that? and by the way ....moly **** ..are those stock door panels modified or different door panels? dam you put component speakers in the rear too? ****bombs!! Can you do some work for me if I buy all the speakers?

wow!!

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the same question about those door panels - you make em or buy em?

DJTricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did make the panels, there modified stock ones, did it with fiberglass. the motor,tranny, and rear i went to is a 383 stroker and turbo 700R4 with a Detroit locker and HD axles.

just to make you a bit more jelous of my soundstage look at the red stuff, its where my tweeters are located

IMG_31022.jpg

Last edited:

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put my tweeters on the top of my door panel.. facing your ear drum :)

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need some new door speakers badly.. my tweets i got from a local audioshop for around 20/pair i've put three pair in the truck (probably over-kill) but the front has one on each door panel on the top (plus the factory) the back two doors also have one on the top of each panel - and then in the WAAAY back on the plastic panel that runs up behind the factory speakers i have placed one at the middle of each of the two back speakers.. and replaced the way backs with pioneer 4x10s they to have a tweeter on them lol... - and then my 2 15" Memphis M3s w/ a Memphis power-reference 1000d... running dual Duralast Golds (800cca) Compared to your setup my audio would probably cover its eyes and squat down trying to get to where nobody could see it lol the head is a Clarion DXZ655MP had a pioneer w/ 7in flip screen.. going down the road one day.. cd in.. hit a bump cd stopped couldn't get cd back out.. opened it up got the cd out.. cd-player never worked again... - put in a cheap cd player - same thing - found out the cause my Drivers side door speaker was blown, and pulling in WAAAAAAY to much volts causing the head unit to heat up.. right now that door is completly un-plugged - and the pass door doesn't have a speaker in it either.. took it out while changing door handles... the factory speakers blew - i put in a set of 03 GM speakers (out of a friends truck after i changed all his door speakers out for him) well.. the 03 drivers door i didn't notice that it had blown.. but apparently it had - i noticed the pass side did.. dew to the sound.. when i got it out i seen why it literally had a hole all the way thru the cone.. no clue why - all 4 doors need new speakers anyways..

DJTricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what you should be doing is running the pre-amps from the deck to a 3 band EQ, 1 - front, 2- rear, 3 sub, that will split the power, i would then amp each set. so you would have 3 amps total, that will give you some great sound and tune-ability.