New guy with old tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DVR4

Reaction score
Hello,
Just joined and thought I say hello. I have a 1996 Tahoe 2dr 4wd. Bought it to resell but became attached. I have since installed a substantial stereo, had the areas with peeling clear coat addressed, added a 6" lift, nerf bars, black rockcrawler wheels and 315/75/16 Goodyear Duratraks. Also had all the ball joints replaced while it was apart. I've also taken care of a few minor issues such as: recharging a/c, drivers window switch and rear door hold open strap... It was in good shape with several new parts when I got it. Overall it had been taken care of pretty well. I think I'll hang onto it.

Hope I can find a black warn classic winch bumper in the future.

Pics are w/o the rear add a leaf which I plan to add next week. I'll post updated pics after.

Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• tahoe 004.jpg
    tahoe 004.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 20
  • tahoe 009.jpg
    tahoe 009.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 15
  • tahoe 010.jpg
    tahoe 010.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 13

DirtNSnow

Reaction score
Hey DVR4, I am new also and am about to pull the trigger on some D window wheels. I was wondering what Backspace you went with?

DirtNSnow

Reaction score
Thanks, greatly appreciated ! I can see why you got attached great looking rig!

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NICE thinking about going with some 18's with all terrains and a 2" lift kit also finally fixing my a/c this Saturday need to replace the compressor also need to replace the drivers side window switch as well it seems to get stuck when auto rolling down (when i roll it back up its gets stuck need to wait like a few seconds then it goes all the way up) BTW :welcome:

Tahoebuzz

Reaction score
Nice tahoe! I too have just got a 99 tahoe. its gonna be my new toy. How did you fix the clear coat issue?

DVR4

Reaction score
Quick update on my Tahoe- I've been using it daily for hunting. Replaced several parts. Been very happy with it. Sadly, the transmission gave up last Friday night (lost 3rd). Rebuild is happening this week. Good thing I love it. Buying a clean rust free 2dr 4wd, adding the lift, new rims/tires, new ball joints, repainting hood/roof, starter, door roller pins, power steering hose, big stereo, new lights and lenses, power window switch, interior door handle, starter, tail light board, new black nerf bars, rear door limiting strap, drivers side mirror, wiper board and now the transmission is getting expensive. Good thing I did a lot of it myself with new parts sourced at a good deal online.

Looks like the transmission will set me back close to $1500 turn key with warranty.

Dusted off my dodge 2500 4x4 cummins crew cab and cj-7 until I get it back. I've had countless jeep cj's so there are no real surprises here. I can't wait to get it back.

adam74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good lookin truck. have a body lift on mine but eventually going to add a suspension lift. just bought it a month ago, have always wanted one.