New head unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TUX_

Reaction score
:) First Im new to the forum and just picked up a lt3,now I need a head unit with nav,back-up camera,and maybe a tv tuner(I dont want a flip out).Any pics advice and different set up would be great.Thanks guys:)

Jimmie48

Reaction score
Many here like the Avic-D3 or the kenwood DNX models, I would just search places like Crutchfield for certain features you want. For me I want Ipod integration as well as bluetooth and I beleive both of these handle these features. Cnet.com has video reviews and detailed reviews that are a good source of knowledge as well.

brdnboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many here like the Avic-D3 or the kenwood DNX models, I would just search places like Crutchfield for certain features you want. For me I want Ipod integration as well as bluetooth and I beleive both of these handle these features. Cnet.com has video reviews and detailed reviews that are a good source of knowledge as well.

I have an AVIC-D3 in my Tahoe. I would say that would be a good choice or an AVIC-Z2. I know that Alpine, and Kenwood also make great double din nav units. I don't know when you plan on purchasing but CES is just around the bend and all three of those manufacturers i mentioned will release great new products with more features for less money than last years products.

BTW the D3 has the best ipod navigation i know of, and has a pretty fancy bluetooth adapter for calls and stereo streaming. Any double din unit with the right dash kit will look almost factory too, which is awesome. I can tell you more about the D3 if you want but i am not to much help on other manufacturers.

TUX_

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome I think I'll wait for ces to be over,but I still like to have some type of idea.:confused2:

brdnboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well everyone is expecting an AVIC-D4 and an AVIC-Z3. Like i said i have no idea about Kenwood, or Alpine. I can recommend going to AVIC411.com. Its a forum like this one but specific for the AVIC line of navigation systems. It is a wealth of info. Im sure there are forums for Alpine, Kenwood, Clarion...etc as well. They will be able to help a lot more on choosing the unit, and details on each. There will also be install tips for your vehicle. The Tahoe, Yukon, Silverado, Sierra, and Escalades are a very popular line of vehicles and have lots of aftermarket support! Google, cnet.com, crutchfield.com ...etc are your friends here. Use them to their full potential.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Pioneer's AvicDx line are great products. The Ipod integration is one of the best available, as well as the number of other features. As stated previously, the Alpine and Kenwood units are also good products. The Pioneer AvicZx line has built in HHD. And the D3 will play videos from your video Ipod and shows the Ipod control wheel on the touchscreen display.