New member, Z71...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smoove

Reaction score
Well, I guess you can look forward to seeing me over the next few years(I hope) since I bought a 2007 Chevy Tahoe Z71. It's Summit White with Morocco Brown/Ebony interior. It has 110,000 miles on it. Yup, and I happily bought it. My name is Jamie.....been a GM tech for years,...pretty much have a good understanding of everything in the vehicle, as it was what I worked on, other then GM modern and classic hotrods/sports cars. So the mileage didn't scare me, based on what I saw in the vehicle. I just went to a local dealership,..cause they had an "affordable" Tahoe, with less miles but,..it honestly looked used, as you would expect any higher mileage used vehicle to have(although my vette has 120+K and it looks a lot better then this particular Tahoe did).

Anywho, point is, I didn't get that vehicle based on a weird vibe from sales staff,...I ended up going to Vera Cadillac,..Danielle called me to tell me they just took one in on trade...I left one dealer, went to other,...saw this thing,...and I totally fell in love with it. Whoever owned it, took really good care of it. It has one scratch, and I don't even mind it. It has everything I can think of except a sunroof, and that's exactly how I woulda ordered it if I was getting this new.

To me, it's a dream come true, and a long time coming to get a vehicle like this. I will tell you,...on average, I think it eats more fuel then my vette,...which is efficient normally but, now it has a fuel addiction,...so, thats bad for this truck to be worse then that. I made a smooth intake tube over the weekend, and mounted it. Gotta make a filter setup now, or buy a K&N drop in. I have a Diablosport Trinity,..gonna get that set up tomorrow morning and see if I can throw in an 87 octane tune.

It's not too bad,..and I'm not complaining,..just saying, damn, lol. I really do love the truck, and I have every intention of dealing with any fuel issue it may or may not have. Coolest part is, it's flex fuel.

Plans to ditch the 3.73's and go to a 3.08 setup....with an S366 turbo,or a custom twin turbo setup. Just something small, that'll light up quick and be good for towing a 3100lb car or less around.

Looks wise, I think I may take all the side moldings and emblems off, as well as paint the mirror caps white, and the front SILVER Z71 bumper, white as well. I really like the Special Duty Response vehicles we see driving around but, I don't know if I can achieve that look, and still be able to tow without effecting ride quality.

Ultimately, I just want this to be a smooth riding, inconspicuous, stock motor, torque(thank you turbo(s)) and maybe or maybe not wheels. I have most of the parts left over in spares from various projects to make it a turbo setup pretty easily.

Here's the pics,...hope to be part of the site, and contribute with anything or help when I can.

Here's the truck.

Wish list:

Turbo
6speed
3.08 gears
possibly slight lowering kit...
possibly 17 steel wheels...but I dunno.

LED light's ordered for everything already since it's the only things I could easily afford lol. The piping for the cold air I added to my tab at work, and the Trinity I have already had for a while now.

Any tips, on DE-cladding,DE-badging, suspension, turbo-tow setups,..or hell, anything,...imma sponge