New to Tahoe Family

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dpnut2

Reaction score
What up everyone, I just wanted to get some peoples opinion. First off...I have always loved the tough look of the Tahoe and the general look of it. Now, I'm in the process of looking and getting an '05 LT tahoe with 39k miles for a little over $18...its fully loaded, it has everything...was just wondering if this is a good deal?

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not with the SUV market the way it is.....sure gas is getting cheaper.....for now

I dont see why you couldnt try and get it for 15k

dpnut2

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply, but the truth is that these trucks around here are all selling at or around that price for similar mileage. I've done all my reseach and they are flying off the market for around this price...plus the dealer that I'm getting it from will not budge and will let me walk cuz they know they can get 18k, maybe even 19k for it...

also, does anyone know if the dealer "has" to inspect (emissions) the truck before it leaves the lot?
The reason I am asking is cuz they are charging me $37 for an inspection knowing that it only cost $21...plus I have an insopection sticker from my only car that is still valid...

Thanks.

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply, but the truth is that these trucks around here are all selling at or around that price for similar mileage. I've done all my reseach and they are flying off the market for around this price...plus the dealer that I'm getting it from will not budge and will let me walk cuz they know they can get 18k, maybe even 19k for it...

also, does anyone know if the dealer "has" to inspect (emissions) the truck before it leaves the lot?
The reason I am asking is cuz they are charging me $37 for an inspection knowing that it only cost $21...plus I have an insopection sticker from my only car that is still valid...

Thanks.

Depends on your local laws. In AZ, you must have a valid license plate before taking possession of a vehicle if done through a bank or dealership. The bank will help you get one, you can't do it on your own because they are required by law to ensure you have one on the vehicle. Dealerships are the same way. Generally, "inspections" are not transferrable between vehicles as it is inspecting that vehicle. Many times you are required to get an emissions test within an alotted amount of time (3 days). It all depends on your local laws.

mikeb33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just paid $16K at a dealer for an 05 LT with most everything but NAV and autoride, 44K miles. It is in good shape, but needed tires and a little detailing.
I saw some with NAV and GM cetified, but they wanted $20K.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Offer $15k, these trucks aren't worth nearly as much now as they were a year ago.

dpnut2

Reaction score
I just found a different 05 LT Tahoe fully loaded, with everything....nav, autoride, sat radio, leather seats, dvd...just fully loaded with only 36k miles on it and I'm getting it for a littler over $17k...no one around here with these 05 LT's with around the same mileage and all the options will let them go for under $17k...I think I got a good deal...thanks everyone...!!