Nitrous Oxide tuning for and 02 tahoe 5.3L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V12NOS

Reaction score
I just purchased and installed a ZEX truck nitrous oxide system in my tahoe and it came out awesome. the kit is adjustable for 55,75,100, and 125hp boost. In was wondering if anybody knew what level of boost i could safely run, the kit also says that in order to run the 100 or 125 shot, i will have to retard the timing. can anybody recommend a tuner/ programmer that will allow me to adjust the timing up to 4 degrees off stock and stil allow me to increase the dhift firmness as the stock seting on the torque converter is not strong enought to handle even the 50 shot without a litle slippage. any help would be great. thanks.

Hawstly

Site Admin
Reaction score
Is it a wet or dry kit?

On my C5 vettes I never went above a 100 dry shot pill and never above a 150 pill. But this was witht he LSx motors and they love gas. I dont know about thee motors at all as far as how much the crank, rods and pistons will take.

With nitrous its IMO always about how strong your bottom end is.

I would call Nitrous Express and ask them your questions and concerns . Just be sure to post your findings as we all would like to know.

:cheers:

V12NOS

Reaction score
sorry it took so long to reply, just started school and getting situated. the kit was a wet kit. i spoke to the ZEX tech support and they did not rcommend more than a 75Hp shot but i have used up to the 125Hp jetting and it works like a champ. really fast, great kit. 14.211 secongs in the quarter before the upcoming dyno tuning.

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
increase the dhift firmness as the stock seting on the torque converter is not strong enought to handle even the 50 shot without a litle slippage. any help would be great. thanks.[/QUOTE]
I think B&M makes one of these shift firmness controllers to but not sure for what years,I put a shift kit in and it still shifts to hard ,want to go back to stock and put a controller in,Hope this helps:cool2: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=JET%2D70701&N=700+4294822072+115&autoview=sku