noob with a few questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

njf747

Reaction score
fellas,

I have a 2005 tahoe LT autoride. Love the thing but there are a few problems that I am having.

1. - what is the correct voltage for the bulbs in the instrument panel? I've changed some out, they work but then they burn out within 24 hours. I'm mainly interested in the steering wheel controls and the traction control/auto/low 4 buttons on the left.

2. - gas mileage. I have the automatic 4-wheel drive system (no auto, 2 hi, 4 hi options) and I am getting an average of 10 mpg. I've changed the oil, filter, and use 87 and drive like a grandma. what's the deal? sparks? do I need a tune? I've read the threads on here but thought someone would know a little more with this particular model. What's the best upgrade to help fuel economy? I've done exhausts and air filters systems in the past and didn't see a noticable difference. sometimes I even lost milage. need help!

02TAHOELT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2. - gas mileage. I have the automatic 4-wheel drive system (no auto, 2 hi, 4 hi options) and I am getting an average of 10 mpg. I've changed the oil, filter, and use 87 and drive like a grandma. what's the deal? sparks? do I need a tune? I've read the threads on here but thought someone would know a little more with this particular model. What's the best upgrade to help fuel economy? I've done exhausts and air filters systems in the past and didn't see a noticable difference. sometimes I even lost milage. need help!

You said oil and filter, Which filter did you change? (Oil Filter,Air filter, FUEL FILTER)
How are the Spark Plugs?

njf747

Reaction score
I changed the oil and air filters. Probibly should change the fuel filter and the plugs seem to be fine.

My engine light came on today and it read PO464 diagnostic which said that the "PCM has determined that the voltage signal from the fuel level sensor is intermittent"

has anyone heard of this? and what is it?