o8 denali dual cat back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uae_denali

Reaction score
hi,i had checked all of the popular cat back brands borla,corsa,flowmaser no one of them has a true dual from both side for the new escalade or denali i dont know why .

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most likely better off going to an exhaust shop and having them weld one together for you. It's not a true dual though unless it's from the block back.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not gonna happen, dude. Denali's autoride/AWD components and spare tire are in the way. Already tried. Lose the spare, and your only option is to go 100% custom.

Personally, I'm going custom, and just getting that retarded stock resonator cut off, and then just splitting it out into dual 3.5" rear exit tips (side-by-side MBRP T5101's).

Keep us posted!

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not gonna happen, dude. Denali's autoride/AWD components and spare tire are in the way. Already tried. Lose the spare, and your only option is to go 100% custom.

What would be different between a Denali with Autoride vs any other model with Autoride? I have Autoride and showed the Flowmaster setup to my local muffler shop and he says it will be no problem. The second tailpipe will be routed directly in front of the spare.

I ordered my Magnaflow muffler and tips. They'll be doing my custom setup in a week or so and routing it just like the Flowemaster setup below...

17430.jpg

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my Magnaflow online, and took it to a custom exhaust shop to get it installed. They told me the magnaflow pipe diameter was to big to go custom. I wanted them to use the magnaflow parts to make me a dual side exit. But they said NO.

Also, if anyone has installed the magnaflow on an 07 Denali XL, have you noticed that the exhaust tip sticks out about 6 inches after the rear bumper. Its like they made the pipes to big because the fitment is correct

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would be different between a Denali with Autoride vs any other model with Autoride? I have Autoride and showed the Flowmaster setup to my local muffler shop and he says it will be no problem. The second tailpipe will be routed directly in front of the spare.

I ordered my Magnaflow muffler and tips. They'll be doing my custom setup in a week or so and routing it just like the Flowemaster setup below...

Well, definitely let us know how it turns out -- would be interested to know how much the tubing hangs down once it's complete. All I know is what I've been told by several manufacturers: Magnaflow, Borla, Volant, Corsa. All of them said to me that with the 6.2L / 6 speed AWD Autoride there is not enough room to safely do a split dual system.

This is why I'm thinking of just doing what I said above, since it seems I can't get what I really thought I wanted. I'll get that retarded stock resonator cut off, and then just split it out into dual 3.5" rear exit tips (side-by-side MBRP T5101's or something) on the right rear (stock tip location).

Keep us posted!

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK... perhaps something is different with the Denali's with a 6.2. I'm basically doing the same setup as the picture above for the Flowmaster '07-08 dual system, except I want a Magnaflow muffler.

I picked up a universal Magnaflow with 2.5" dual exits. The muffler shop put it up on the lift and said it will be no problem, they can route the exahust the same way as the Flowmaster picture. Going with two slash cut 3" tips (or maybe they were 3.5", cant recall).

There are a few people on here with dual exhaust setups and I've seen a few others on Cardomain as well. Flowmaster, Gibson make dual setups for Tahoe's, Suburbans, Denali's, so I guess its only a problem if you have the 6.2? (I have an '08 'burban with a 5.3). I guess an easy way to confirm this is a problem with the 6.2's is to check if they have dual setups for Escalades.

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, if anyone has installed the magnaflow on an 07 Denali XL, have you noticed that the exhaust tip sticks out about 6 inches after the rear bumper. Its like they made the pipes to big because the fitment is correct

Did the installer read the instructions? They usually tell you to cut certain pieces by a certain amount depending on the model you have. XL or non-XL, etc...

uae_denali

Reaction score
If am going for custom i will do this>

Attachments

• i-4.jpg
    i-4.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 30

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't really like the tip on that Escalade. My opinion would be a wide tip, like the LP640.
And where are you going to get this done from? Skyline Exhaust (Fox's Garage)?

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getwired's got the right idea, doing a split after the muffler is a win/win situation. You don't lose low end power like with most true duals, save money on labor and material, have a better chance of getting it to fit, and you got dual tips wherever you want em. I'll do something like this when I revisit the exhaust later.

BTW, that Escalade's pipes look great, but I could never sacrifice function for form. To me, a mod should try to add more than it takes away, if that makes sense.

uae_denali

Reaction score
There r 2 problems stopping me To do this fabrication ,no1 i cant tow because there is a bar which is bolt from the 2 side chasis so i should remove this one and fabricate a similar with a wide cut in the center no2 i should remove the spare tire and drive with OUT spare.