Offset/Backspacing with leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KevSmoove

Reaction score
I am going to purchase and leveling kit (probably 2.5" front with 1" or 1.5" rear) for my 2007 Tahoe 2wd. Right now I am running 24 x 10 Boss 330's with 315/35/24s with a +30mm offset and 6.619" Backspacing.

I am not sure if I am going with a 305/55-20 ATZ, 325/50-20 ATZ, or a 33/12.50-20 Toyo MT. Any suggestions. I think even the 325/50 ATZ should do fine since my 315's are no problem at stock height.

I am really debating wheel width and offset. Of the wheels I like, some are 8.5", 9" and 10". I would like to run a 10" rim b/c I like when a tire has a more "square" look on a wider wheel. However, I am unsure of offset. I would like to run the least offset as possible (least positive or even most negative if possible) without issues. Do you think, for "mock-up", I could place washers behind the wheel, and put my existing 24x10 back on? Not to drive or anything, just to bolt the wheel back on, see how it looks, and check lock-to-lock. Then I wouldn't be buying a set of wheels that wouldn't work b/c of offset.

Any suggestions would be great. I think InTruckDesign, you said you had a 5.5" backspacing on a 8.5" wheel (which would give you 3" front spacing) and it looks like your 305's stick out pretty good, but do you think you could get away with less backspacing for a more aggressive look?

Thanks

KevSmoove

Reaction score
I forgot, any suggestions on leveling kits? Prices/Quality/Ease of installation? I am thinking CCM or Suspension Maxx

KevSmoove

Reaction score
Ok, I did some research on frontspacing and backspacing and I am still a little confused. In general, I wheel is usally 1" wider than it is listed (outer flange to outer flange). It was hard to measure my 24 x 10's b/c the tires are on the wheels, but 11" is in the ballpark. Therefore, if my wheel is 11" wide with 6.619" of backspacing, that leaves 4.318" of frontspacing (11-6.619).
Looking at InTruckDesign's wheels, they are stated at 20 x 8.5 with a 18mm offset (5.5" backspacing). If the wheels are roughly 9.5" wide, that leaves 4" frontspacing.
The measurements do not make sense, his wheels/tires stick out past the fenders and mine are flush.

Here's his set up: http://tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=8426
Anyone figure this out? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0810.jpg
    IMG_0810.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 10

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
His tires are significantly wider than his rims, where as yours are not. His wheels probably do not stick out much farther than yours.

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would go with the ccm 2.5" kit with the 1" rear spacer. you can find them on ebay. exactly how far past the fenders are you wanting your tire/wheels?

KevSmoove

Reaction score
Well a common wheel for the Chevy's is a 20 x 10 with a -25mm offset (I think they are usuallly 4.5" backspace) If I could run that with only minor inner fender well trimming that would be great

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont think your going to be able to fit a 10" wide with 4.5" bs especially on a 33x12 or 13in wide tire. you might be able to go with a 10" wide with 6" backspace but still expect some rubbing.

KevSmoove

Reaction score
Well, I have a 10" wide wheel now and a tire that is 12.6" wide. Since it has 6.6" of back spacing, do you think I could do some mock up spacing with washers (no driving) just to get an idea. It should be the same as the real thing. Not to mention, it is still stock height. I think that would help me get an idea of what the minimum backspacing I can have is, what do you think?