Oil Pan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shetto24

Reaction score
I cracked my oil pan on a 2003 Tahoe 2wd, 5.3L. Looking for one a.s.a.p to replace. Is it a simple swap? Would I need to drop any other parts to remove the pan? Thanks.

Shetto24

Reaction score
Since nobody has chimed in. I spent all day Sunday looking for one. For some reason it seems to be a HARD part to find. None of the chains had it, none from dealer (who quoted $378!!! wtf) nil from autopartswharehouse.com. GM parts direct had it for $206, but NONE in stock and no lead time e.t.a. So, I dug through and found a "new" one from Nordstrom auto. Not sure how "new" it can be since it's a yard. Looking to install this a.s.a.p. Any tips?

tml4life

Reaction score
Here in Northern California we have Pick 'n Pull, basically an auto recycler, you tell them what part you are looking for, they will either remove the part for a fee from a vehicle with the part you need, or you can go out and pull the part yourself for a much lower fee. There is likely an auto wrecker/recycler near you, I'd try there.

As for installing the oil pan, just pick up a Chilton book at a local auto parts store, always good to have around in case something else needs to be repaired.