OSRV Mirror Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BJC7JR

Reaction score
Has anybody changed the lights in the bottom of the out side mirrors? I want to turn them blue to match the body color, but i'm undecided on a bulb. Any suggestions/pics?

chevyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a good idea i think i read some on here where peopple did that it should just be a led bulb or a blue bulb... now it would be really cool to switch out the signal indicators on the mirror to a blue...

BJC7JR

Reaction score
that would be cool, i know that wouldn't pass inspection in pa though.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why wouldn't it pass inspection?
Those lights aren't mandatory on any vehicle and as long as they're not on while the car is in motion (avoid being mistaked as a cop) you will pass!
Yeah and alot of people have done that on here, try www.sylvania.com in the automotive bulb replacement guide to see what type of bulb you will need!

BJC7JR

Reaction score
to nnaboy,
I didn't think they would pass because all turn signal indicators must be orange or red, or so i thought. Do you have a pa inspection license? Sylvania doesn't list the mirror bulbs, i've looked.

I'm being told that the bulb can be replaced by a 194. I'll prob. order them.

RIZZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those lights under the mirror only only come on when you wunlock the car! So it doesnt matter...

BJC7JR

Reaction score
We were referring to the turn signal indicator in the mirror glass itself.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh if yall are referring to the actual turn signals i the mirror then you can't replace them.
They come on the mirror as RED LEDs and can't be replaced or changed.
Plus if they could it would be highly illegal because turn signals do have to be either white/amber!

HGS-Dro

Reaction score
i changed them and they look great....although i only have a one led bulb(194) u might want to get a 6 led or more to intensify the light because mine don't really light up nearly as much as the stock ones. I will be replacing them shortly...

Attachments

• DSC03401.jpg
    DSC03401.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC03402.jpg
    DSC03402.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC03403.jpg
    DSC03403.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 4

bocaytomas

Reaction score
Why is it that everyone talks about State Inspection, I have never had any of my vehicles inspected, I live in CT and i have never been told about this. Should i be getting this done? even if its a new car?

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you had an inspection req't, you would know it as you have to get it to get it registered.