Painted Chrome Trim/Bumpers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EZStreet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody done this? I don't like the chrome side molding and chrome bumpers, want to paint them to match the body but I know theres an issue with flaking when painting chrome trim. Any of you guys painted or found another alternative?

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lose the trim completely and get the bumpers powder coated.. Paint the chrome and you will regret it sooner than later. My bumpers are powder coated glossy black. I got rear ended last weekend and dented the $hit out of my bumper, but only scuffed it. I bet it would buff out - the scuff, not the dent.
yuk%20005.jpg

EZStreet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that looks really good. I dont know too much about the powdercoating color choices, do they have pretty much every color? My yukon is dark graphite metallic

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the shop that did my bumpers said they could color match, but they didnt need to with black.. the guy said, "black is black. no need to match it up."