Plan on Sound deadening my tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, planning on sound proofing my tahoe 4dr. Has anyone ever done this? ive taken out my interior and put it in before, but im wondering how many square feet i should probably get for all doors, headliner, floor and etc... how much should i get boys??? :thumbsup:

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your going to need a bunch of it to do the whole truck, it may have been boost that did his limited in that stuff, may give him a Pm about it.

i'd love to do mine but the cost of it is a little rediculous.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You used 100 on your 01 tahoe?? Did you have any left over, or was it a pretty tight fit?? thanks

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
It covered everything but the headliner. Entire floorpan, inner rear quarters, all doors, hatch, and kicks.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
before the dynamat, people outside JK's truck were subjected to 300dB of bone-crushing audio.
Now its only like 150dB. JK's audio is so loud, his head unit only speaks sign.

Im just kiddin. :)

Del you should dynamat your engine compartment if anything... it keeps the horsepower in.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I haven't taken any acoustic measurements with an RTA or spl meter, but it's no doubt noticeable. When my wife rode in it for the first time since I put it back together, she made a comment on how it feels like a new truck. The absence of reverb, vibration, and dramatic decline in road noise made it feel like an entirely new vehicle almost. Not to mention the benefits it provided for the audio system. It was a weekend full of work well worth it.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea for sure. My brother dynoed his truck, it was was sooo much nicer then before. the sound is all kept in and tight crisp sounding, and you didnt hear his exhaust and road noise from his tires as much either.. so i for sure want to do it, but i just dont know how much to get..

qlc1964

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i want to deaden mine to. i think it will cost $ 200.00 or more to do every thing except head
liner. and i know it will be big difference.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
i want to deaden mine to. i think it will cost $ 200.00 or more to do every thing except head
liner. and i know it will be big difference.
It's going to cost you some bucks to do enough to make a difference. I spent over $800 in Dynamat alone, and that was w/o lining the headliner.

I found a bunch of websites for this stuff. I dont care if its really name branded Dynomat. Like i just want most of the sound gone. heres a couple sites if your interested..
http://www.b-quiet.com/index.html
http://www.sounddeadener.com/
http://www.soundprooffoam.com/automotive-sound-dampening.html
Don't go too cheap or you'll just waste money on stuff that won't work. Make sure whatever you buy is butyl based and not asphalt based like some of the cheaper stuff used to be made of.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ight cool. thanks for that.... when you did your tahoe, how did you go about cutting out every hole for bolts and screws??? because obviously you dont want to go over anything.. thanks